JOB: Software Interface Designer
Company: Medtronic MiniMed
Industry: Medical Devices
Location: Northridge, CA (Greater Los Angeles Area)
The Research and Development group of Medtronic Diabetes is looking
for qualified UI help for their software products. You will assist the
User Experience Designer in researching customer needs and translating
these needs into groundbreaking diabetes management software. Primary
responsibilities will include the production of user interface
diagrams and prototypes (static and dynamic) for use in internal
communication and testing. You'll also help produce of specifications
(behavioral, style, etc.) for use by the development team in
implementing final designs.
* Work as part of a multi-disciplinary project team to determine
business needs and functional requirements.
* Assist User Experience Designer to translate requirements and
research results into UI design comps.
* Create and support the design and analysis documentation, including
but not limited to requirement definitions, wireframes, screen comps,
style-guides, functional specifications, etc.
* Communicate design intent to project managers, technical development
team(s), technical writers, data analysts, and end-user support
* Bachelor's Degree
* Minimum 2 years experience designing and documenting user interfaces
for Windows applications.
* Strong understanding of user interface design principles;
familiarity with user-research-based approach.
* Strong writing, verbal and presentation skills.
* Highly proficient in design tools: Fireworks, Microsoft Visio (or
OMNIGraffle), Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
* Understanding of information design; dealing with the presentation
of complex data a plus
* Strong bent towards putting the user first, creating customers who
evangelize on your behalf when they use your product