WeberShandwick's online division is focused on brand consulting,
communications, online outreach and design renowned for using breakthrough
simplicity and clarity to create compelling solutions to our clients'
complex business challenges. We are currently seeking an information
architect for the group who can look outside of the interactive box and
deliver solution for the changing social media landscape and multiplatform
environment. This individual will participate in and lead the creation and
implementation of strategic digital solutions (online outreach, influencer
relationship development, websites, mobile, prototypes, user research, brand
training, etc.) that achieve our clients' business and brand objectives
*Job Description:* Project to Project Consultant
As *User Experience Architect / Information Architect* you will design and
develop the layout, organization and hierarchy for complex websites and web
You will use information gathered from client meetings, primary and
secondary research, and competitive analyses to develop mental models, site
maps, wire frames, story boards and other visuals which represent the
layout, flow and organization of complex web sites and web applications. You
will work closely with the client and the creative staff to translate
usability requirements into stunning designs based on the practical needs of
the end user.
As we are in the process of building a group many of the projects will be
for prospective business which means that clarity of purpose is most
important. Further we are looking to design solutions that are multiplatform
so the ability to think across channel is a must. Your knowledge of best
practices in web conventions and human factors coupled with your knowledge
of current usability research, theories and methodologies will provide
unique value throughout the development lifecycle.
- Meet with clients to gather requirements
- Develop high level information architecture based upon mental models
- Research the competitive landscape and make recommendations relating
to website organization and information hierarchy
- Utilize usability-related research services, theories and
methodologies to legitimize your strategy
- Document strategy by developing site maps, wire frames, prototypes
and storyboards representing website layouts
- Conduct usability testing as needed
- Mentor creative staff on usability concepts.
- Excellent client-facing consultative skills including the ability to
lead client meetings.
- Deep knowledge of user interface design principles, information
design, and web design.
- Knowledge of, as well as hands-on experience with, user interface
evaluation techniques, including usability testing.
- Knowledge of general business strategy and specific knowledge of web
strategy including the ability to apply that knowledge to meet client needs.
- Familiarity with usability-related research services, periodicals,
thought leaders and industry best practices.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for effective
communication to clients and project team members; including prior
experience writing white papers, proposals, research reports, articles and
- Demonstrated ability to use relevant usability software products (
e.g., Vividence XMS Suite).
- Understanding of web analytics and log file analysis and related
software products (e.g., WebTrends).
- Broad-based knowledge of Internet best practices across major
verticals including Healthcare & Pharmaceutical, Financial Services,
Entertainment & Leisure, Technology & Telecommunications, Consumer & Retail.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks and projects within deadlines.
- Willingness to travel locally for client calls and work off-site as