VMware Inc., an EMC company and a pioneer in virtualization software for
industry-standard computers, is seeking an Interaction Designer to join the
User Experience Engineering Team based in Palo Alto, California.
Working with multi-disciplinary development teams, the Interaction Designer
will build concepts, design user interfaces, and further the development of
VMware products. This includes identifying requirements, developing user
models, designing and prototyping user interfaces for interaction, developing
and maintaining user interface specifications and guidelines, communicating
with the development team to explain user interface designs, and resolving
design tradeoffs and implementation issues.
The Interaction Designer will work closely with the UE Lead and UI
Engineering Team members to conduct necessary front-end research and support
usability efforts throughout the product development cycle. The Interaction
Designer will work closely with visual designers to achieve a branded
look-and-feel that meets existing corporate standards and guidelines.
· Must have a MSCS (related to Interaction Design) or equivalent experience
developing graphical software applications for commercial desktop or
· Good conceptual skills and demonstrated ability to prototype and design
elegant UI solutions to complex problems. Thoroughly versed in
state-of-the-art methodologies in interaction design.
· Proven track record in applying user-centered design processes and
methodologies to development of commercial software products.
· Good communication, interpersonal, and time management skills.
· Good analytical skills and a focused attention to detail are a must.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary, collaborative,
· Technically skilled in user interface programming is a BONUS.
· Portfolio of recent work available for review; preferably online.
· Skilled in the use of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator; Microsoft Visio,
PowerPoint, Word, Excel and other comparable tools.