Job: Sr. Interaction Designer - San Francisco, CA - VMware - Fulltime
8 Dec 2006 - 6:50pm
VMware Inc., an EMC company and a pioneer in virtualization software for
industry-standard computers, is seeking a Senior Interaction Designer to join
the User Experience Engineering Team based in San Francisco, California.
Working with multi-disciplinary development teams, the Senior Interaction
Designer will spearhead user interface design to conceptualize, design, and
development upcoming VMware products. This includes identifying requirements,
developing user models, designing and prototyping user interfaces for
interaction, developing and maintaining user interface specifications and
guidelines, communicating with the development team to evangelize user
interface design directions, and resolving design tradeoffs and
implementation issues. The Senior Interaction Designer will collaborate
closely with other Interaction Designers, members of the UI Engineering Team,
and Product Marketing to conduct all necessary front-end research and support
usability efforts throughout the product development cycle. The Senior
Interaction Designer will work closely with visual designers to achieve a
branded look-and-feel that meets existing corporate standards and guidelines.
· Minimum of 8 years of industry experience developing graphical software
applications for commercial desktop or Web-based platforms.
· Has led the interaction design process for multiple products that have
shipped and provide highly successful user experiences.
· Strong conceptual skills and demonstrated ability to prototype and design
elegant UI solutions to complex problems. Thoroughly versed in state- of-
the-art methodologies in interaction design.
· Proven track record in applying user-centered design processes and
methodologies to development of commercial software products.
· Strong communication, interpersonal, and time management skills.
· Strong analytical skills and a focused attention to detail are a must.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary, collaborative, fast-
· Technically skilled in user interface programming is a BONUS.
· Portfolio of recent work available for review; preferably online.
· Highly skilled in the use of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator; Microsoft
Visio, PowerPoint, Word and Excel; and other comparable tools.
· Masters or PhD. in HCI highly desirable.