Job - Sr. User Interface Designer, D&B, SanMateo (SF Bay Area) - Fulltime
1 Dec 2006 - 12:40pm
Sr. User Interface Designer, Global Platforms, D&B
The Global Platforms group at Dun and Bradstreet (D&B) is an exemplary
organization with the unique combination of technical entrepreneurial
vibrancy and financial stability. D&B is a Fortune 1000 company and
traded on the NYSE as DNB. The 60-person Global Platforms team is a
core product development team within D&B charged with revolutionizing
the way customers interact with D&B through its flagship product,
DNBi™. The team is in an exciting stage of growth and the culture is
organized and process-driven.
DNBi is an innovative, Web-based application that empowers credit
professionals to make faster, easier and more insightful credit
decisions. DNBi showcases the power of D&B's DUNSRight™ data delivery
process by emphasizing ease of use.
Global Platforms is looking for talented, creative and motivated
full-time Sr. User Interface Designers. The work is challenging,
creative, fast pace and intellectually stimulating. Strong analytical
skills, unwavering commitment to quality, collaborative work ethic and
cutting edge design skills are best fit.
The newly hired individuals will join the Product Design team and play
an active role in all aspects of web application design for DNBi.
* Team up with User Experience Managers and Product Managers to design
easy-to-use, innovative and award-winning user interfaces
* Lead user interface designs through the UI design cycle
* Interactive Design: Brainstorm and refine interface concepts with
Product Management & Engineering
* Prototyping & Testing: Create prototypes of interfaces to allow
sufficient user feedback prior to development
* Cooperative Development: Guide on-shore and off-shore JAVA engineers
to implement sophisticated, user-centric interfaces
* Ongoing Enhancement: Revise designs and implementations based on
continuing user testing and customer feedback
* Support user experience research and usability testing efforts to
ensure that the user interface is useful and extremely easy to use
* Integrating feedback from multiple sources to improve design and
building consensus across departments on design decisions
* Play an active role in establishing a winning culture and environment
* Proven track record for
- Designing highly functional and interactive web applications design
in a Web 2.0 world.
- Self learner, with ability to rapidly understand business
requirements and model them into interface approaches.
- Taking initiative to create a best-in-class user experience.
* Graduate Degree in Design, Human Factors, Computer Science, or
* Demonstrate Technical Excellence in
- Designing interfaces that use advanced AJAX, CSS, and XHTML.
- Prototype and design web interface concepts via multiple mediums
such as Visio, Photoshop, and/or HTML
- Understanding the business value of web standards and compliance.
- Creating style, pattern, or usability guidelines.
* Experience in the following is a plus
frameworks (prototype.js, dojo, etc).
- Domain experience in financial services is a plus.
- Working experience in User Centric Design environment.
- Working understanding and development of Information Architecture
Local Candidates Preferred - No relocation package will be offered
Candidates must provide samples of work (portfolio).
Please submit cv to Nancy Agatiello, Technical Recruiter, Global Platforms NAgatiello at aol.com or 650.773.2123
If you have question feel free to just hit reply, otherwise please
submit to above email.