Our UI Designer & Information Architect is passionate about shaping the future of online collaboration. He/she will work closely with project management and development on designing current and future versions of Wetpaint’s product features in a deadline driven environment. The UI Designer must be an effective advocate for the user and be able to successfully drive implementation of feature-sets and interactions that provide an excellent customer experience. He/she uses strong technical and creative skills as a base for the design of site maps, annotated feature wire frames, user flows, labeling systems, prototypes for demos, and design proposals for the executive team that satisfy both customer needs and business requirements.
The ideal candidate is a change-agile individual looking for an opportunity to work with both business and creative teams in a rapidly evolving environment who possesses superior verbal and written communications skills and a strong understanding of relationships between all functional areas of the business.
1. Translates business needs into user interface requirements.
2. Designs and develops user interface solutions including but not limited to: flowcharts, wire frames, concept sketches, UI mock-ups, site maps, prototypes, graphic designs, and functional specifications for user interfaces.
3. Partners with stakeholders in Content Development and Marketing to ensure all customer facing features and functionality support the brand attributes and value proposition.
4. Work collaboratively with project management and UI development resources to bring feature-sets and designs to life visually and functionally.
5. Partner with other internal departments to assist with design needs.
Skills & Experience
1. B.A./B.S. degree in graphic design, industrial design, visual communications, or related field.
2. 4 – 6 years of experience with an emphasis in application/interaction design and information architecture.
4. Working knowledge of information design and interface design principles and a good understanding of new media technology.
5. Understands the relationship between content, user interface, business, marketing and technology.
6. Experience managing projects, working with highly collaborative teams, and meeting strict deadlines.
7. Superior communication skills. Highly collaborative.