JOB: UX Design Lead Puget Sound, Washington Recruiter, Full Time
2 Nov 2006 - 1:15pm
:: UX Design Lead - Puget Sound, Washington ::
The UX Design Lead career opportunity is for an internal Design Center and will be responsible for leading a talented team of visual designers to deliver compelling art direction, comprehensive visual identity, and overall design thought-leadership in an area of strategic importance for a suite of online services. You and your team will be the primary interface between (1) the design organization, usability, and editorial leads, (2) product teams, and (3) marketing and branding teams (and their external agencies). This requires the ability to effectively balance long-term strategic issues around branding and visual identity with day-to-day tactical "get it done" project issues; pro-actively communicate and lead internally within in creative, business and technical discussions; and think globally as the Team expands into locations like Shanghai, Tokyo, and London. This person must possess a strong attention to detail.
The UX Design Lead is a self-driven, progressive Leader within their own feature team. This leadership comes both from team leadership and through the demonstration of sufficient UX breadth within a specific UX area. This position will have the duties of both leading and playing an individual contributor role on the team. This position will be accountable for the output of the group, delegating day-to-day team workflow, balancing that workload, and ensures that the group will be able to meet its overall deliverables. The UX Design Lead will clearly define what each individual contributor is responsible for delivering for the team. They will be accountable to "fill in" for absent team members when necessary or take on tasks where the manager has more experience, and may absorb tasks when unexpected demands occur. Demonstrated experience required in balancing the workload of a team while developing the people on the team and ensuring that the group meets all their deliverables. There are not specific percentages of time to any of the tasks of managing versus individuals deliverables.
* 6 years minimum work experience as a Lead Designer or 3+ years in an Art Director role at a leading online company, prior agency experience a plus.
* Proficient in web technologies including Adobe CS, Acrobat, HTML/DHTML, CSS/CSSX, Dreamweaver, and Ajax.
* An online portfolio for review.
* Knowledge of capabilities of different platforms and browsers, and their design constraints on the Web. The application of tools and technologies across web, client and devices (mobile phone, TV).
* The capabilities to direct and enhance the efforts of a creative team consisting of designers, writers, usability engineers, marketing/brand managers, and software developers.
* Keen eye for detail and a passion for "pixel-perfect" fit and finish.
* A well-rounded understanding of art direction, online story telling, brand strategy, and experience design.
* Experience with applied conceptual strategy, brainstorm facilitation, day-to-day shepherding of a project to completion and team collaboration.
* Advertising and/or other online revenue experience is strongly preferred.
* Print experience a plus.
* Must have outstanding body of works demonstrating the delivery of successful and innovative application interface solutions.
* Organized and capable of switching rapidly between different projects in a fast-paced and exciting environment.
* Experience shipping products for large consumer audiences and be used to working on many products simultaneously.
* Deep understanding for design language and the ability to translate it into future design.
* Exceptional understanding of fundamental design principles (typography, layout, grid systems, hierarchy, color, composition, and animation).
* Ability to produce storyboards, scenarios, design prototypes.
* Applicants should be detail-oriented, self-motivated, highly organized, and able to work in a team environment under tight deadlines.