JOB: UX Architect, Downtown Chicago, Recruiter, Full Time
13 Oct 2006 - 12:27pm
Please post the following to the group.
Jr. or Intermediate UX Architect
Origin Search Downtown Chicago, Illinois
Job description Our client is a Marketing and Design firm specializing in branding, usability, and information architecture.
I'm very pleased to invite new candidates to apply to the following posting thanks to our client's new business and growth. This is a new posting to add to a growing UX team. This employer offers a fun and creative place to work amongst intelligent and passionate business professionals who love what they do and love coming to work everyday...
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create consistent information hierarchies for site navigation on
both a system-wide level and a page-by-page or screen-by-screen
level, while adhering to design uniformity within and across
- Write or contribute to the development of use cases and business
- Develop detailed navigation flows, site maps, wireframes and
interface design/ functional specifications that capture site
processes and all user interaction points with the system
- Participate in project processes including schedules, meetings,
change requests, bug-tracking, deadlines, scope, resource hours, and
deliverables, in conjunction with other team members.
Job qualifications - 1-3 years experience in the UX field is preferred; recent grads will be considered if the resume displays some clear experience in interaction design and wireframing.
- Solid background with the web and web technologies including a
basic understanding of the technical systems and architecture which
underlie dynamic websites
- Excellent visual/ verbal communicator with a demonstrated strong
creative vision for organizing interactive information systems
- Comfortable with Interaction Design toolkit programs such as
InDesign, Visio and DreamWeaver, Microsoft office, Photoshop,
Illustrator, Acrobat, etc.
- Extremely detail-oriented, flexible and able to work in a fast-
paced, demanding environment with aggressive development schedules
- Familiarity with conducting or overseeing usability sessions, task
analysis, heuristic evaluation, rapid prototyping, persona
workshops, and other methods of user needs/ goals analysis
- Portfolio presentation is expected, to include URLs of websites or
samples of user interface design that reflect candidate's work as
well as documentation that led to the site, including wireframes,
site maps, navigation flows, interaction design specs, etc.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or HCI
(or equivalent work experience)
How to apply Please submit resumes to originsearch at rogers.com c/o of Lisa.
Qualified candidates will be contacted without delay. Interviews
and start dates will be arranged immediately.