JOB: EastMedia Seeking User Interface Designer / Developer in NYC
9 Oct 2006 - 8:35pm
EastMedia is looking for a Designer/JS Developer double-hitter that
can work with our team to build a clean, modern Web application. Our
goal is to find someone that has the design, CSS/HTML, and JS
development skills needed to build the front-end for our slick app.
You will be working with a team of expert Web app developers. Being
on-site in Manhattan is a requirement.
* Design UI / User Experience (UX), including mockups / napkin
drawings, all that fun stuff
* Cut HTML/CSS, integrate with templates
* Develop JS behavior using most appropriate tools (we currently use
* Collaborate with the developers and product manager regularly
* Strong pragmatic / agile design approach for building modern Web tools
* Expert HTML/CSS skills
needed for integration for a framework like Ruby on Rails (which
already offers excellent Ajax support)
* Strong skills in working in team environment. The team will be
small, friendly and comfortable.
How to Apply:
This job will last for approximately 6-8 weeks, possibly longer.
Please contact work at eastmedia.com. Include your resume and samples of
your work. Thanks!
EastMedia is a software, mobile and business development firm based
in NYC. We are experts in building high quality, cutting edge Web-
based solutions. We currently work primarily with Ruby on Rails (our
team members are regular speakers and authors on the subject, and we
co-founded the NYC.rb user group here), but we will use whatever the
best technology is for the job. Recent clients include VeriSign and
the New York Jets.