Information Architect Opening at NavigationArts in Washington D.C. Metro Area
9 Oct 2006 - 11:22am
Information Architect with User Research Experience
Full Time, Permanent
The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker who enjoys creating high-end
design for business benefit. This person must be able to team and
collaborate with art directors and engineers to create effective and
intuitive user interfaces. This position is targeted for a person that has
user research experience, specifically conducting user surveys, user testing
and other methods, for input into the user-centered design process.
NavigationArts is a strategic consultancy providing expert advisory, design
and development services that optimize the usability of our clients web
sites and the business value of their online and offline programs for
marketing, communications and commerce.
Our unique strengths lie in the areas of user experience design and
information architecture, which we base upon a rigorous web processes. We
help our clients solve challenging problems by bringing together highly
experienced cross-functional teams drawn from analytical, creative and
technical backgrounds. Our passions are for the intellectual rigor that
pervades the analytical components of our work, and for the opportunities to
create structural and aesthetic excellence in all that we do.
* Define, characterize and prioritize the audiences that a project is
meant to reach
* Gather communication and functional objectives by leading client
working sessions, reviewing the competitive landscape, and creative
brainstorming sessions with the project team.
* Organize content and functionality to develop organizational models,
naming schemes and navigational hierarchies.
* Collaborate with art directors and engineers to create effective and
intuitive user interfaces.
* Create user flows, schematic drawings and documentation to
illustrate the structure and functionality of a project
* Organize and spearhead usability research activities
* Communicate and collaborate with the project manager, engineers,
designers and site authors in all stages of production
* Keep to schedule and budget maintained by project managers
* Work in a team environment
BA or BS degree
Two or more years of experience in information architecture field
Strong interviewing skills
Strong analytical skills
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Strong presentation skills
The information architect is a vital member on our collaborative user
experience team and must be able to work in our offices in McLean, VA;
therefore we are only interested in candidates in the Washington DC metro