JOB: Lead Interaction Designer (Palo Alto, CA) - Palantir Technologies - FT
5 Oct 2006 - 2:50pm
In 2004, a close-knit group of entrepreneurial engineers from the early days of PayPal, Google, eBay, and other successful Silicon Valley companies teamed up with friends from Stanford's CS PhD program to tackle a new space. Information analysis and its use in investigations and knowledge management have been redefined by the team's combined breakthroughs in search, data mining, and visualization.
The result of this remarkable partnership was Palantir, a thriving company whose technology is already broadly deployed at one of the fastest growing global macro hedge funds in the world in addition to other venues. We're a startup based in Palo Alto, California founded in mid-2004. We have excellent funding, revenue already coming in, and a proven leadership team.
We want to hire a skilled full-time in-house interaction designer to help us develop the next (or perhaps the first!) great visual financial analysis platform. We are attacking the space from a user-centered, analyst-driven perspective that is unique in the spaces we're pursuing. This is a fantastic opportunity for an entrepreneurial, experienced interaction designer to help build a strong design team from the ground up.
- Expert-level experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, and Flash.
- Entrepreneurial spirit -- our ideal candidate is not afraid to get their hands dirty.
- Ability to work with PM and engineering teams to create and iterate on designs that are at once powerful, easy to use, and highly aesthetic.
- Strong sense for information visualization and gestalt principles. Tufte is your hero.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Design is a highly collaborative process!
- 2+ years of experience designing interactive rich clients in a lead designer role.
- BA, BFA, or MFA in a formal design-related discipline preferred but not required.
- Familiarity and interest in investing and financial markets a strong plus.
If you want to contribute to the creation of a lasting institution that is revolutionizing the ways analysts interact with massive datasets, confronting financial trading in novel ways, and establishing the standards for an emerging industry, then Palantir is for you. The work you do here is guaranteed to have a tremendous impact on the product - something that is just not the case at larger software companies. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join an early-stage team that you simply won't find anywhere else.
Salary and equity compensation are highly competitive. We provide excellent benefits, including dental, medical, vision, and gourmet catered meals.
palantir technologies | project lead gtan at palantirtech.com
The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please e-mail the sender at gtan at palantirtech.com