Job:User Interface Designer - D&B; San Mateo, CA. - FT
2 Oct 2006 - 8:00pm
User Interface Designer
The Global Platforms group at Dun and Bradstreet (D&B) is an exemplary
organization with the unique combination of technical entrepreneurial
vibrancy and financial stability. D&B is a Fortune 1000 company and
traded on the NYSE as DNB. The 60-person Global Platforms team is a
core product development team within D&B charged with revolutionizing
the way customers interact with D&B through its flagship product,
DNBi™. The team is in an exciting stage of growth and the culture is
organized and process-driven.
DNBi is an innovative, Web-based application that empowers credit
professionals to make faster, easier and more insightful credit
decisions. DNBi showcases the power of D&B's DUNSRight™ data delivery
process by emphasizing ease of use.
To learn more about DNBi, along with the newly released Decision Maker
and Account Manager features, please visit:
Global Platforms is looking for talented, creative and motivated
full-time User Interface Designers. The work is challenging, creative,
fast pace and intellectually stimulating. Strong analytical skills,
unwavering commitment to quality, collaborative work ethic and cutting
edge design skills are best fit. The newly hired individual will join
the existent Web Design team and play an active role in all aspects of
web application design for DNBi.
* Team up with product managers and user experience professionals to
design easy-to-use, innovative and award-winning user interfaces
* Articulate and champion innovative design approaches
* Lead user interface designs through the UI design cycle
* Interactive Design: Brainstorm and refine interface concepts with
Product Management & Engineering
* Prototyping & Testing: Create prototypes of interfaces to allow
sufficient user feedback prior to development
* Cooperative Development: Guide on-shore and off-shore JAVA engineers
to implement sophisticated, user-centric interfaces
* Ongoing Enhancement: Revise designs and implementations based on
continuing user testing and customer feedback
* Support user experience research and usability testing efforts to
ensure that the user interface is useful and extremely easy to use
* Play an active role in establishing a winning culture and environment
Proven track record for
* Translating business requirements and use cases into highly usable
and innovative web-based applications
* Understanding of web-based design and the implications of dynamic
* Evangelizing core usability constructs and design principles
* Integrating feedback from multiple sources to improve design and
building consensus across departments on design decisions
* Taking initiative to create a best-in-class user experience
* Prototyping visual design concepts via visual design tools such as
Visio, Photoshop, and HTML
* Creating style and usability guidelines
Experience in the following is a plus
* Working knowledge on developing AJAX is a plus.
* Domain experience in financial services is a plus.
* Working experience in User Centric Design environment.
* Working understanding and development of Information Architecture
* Principals only.
* Do not repost this message elsewhere.