Information Architect Consultants needed for projects in CA, MA and CT
27 Sep 2006 - 11:31am
Resolute Corporation is seeking Information Architects for long term consulting projects in San Jose, CA, Boston, MA, and CT. The Information Architect will be responsible for all aspects of the user experience including, planning, team management, user research and requirements elicitation, information architecture, wire framing, visual design and interfacing with development for multiple projects. The Information Architect will be well versed in designing solutions for the Microsoft Platform including Windows based rich client applications, SharePoint based intranets and extranets, mobile applications and web based applications. This individual will work closely with others involved in the software design and development process to ensure delivery of high-quality, compelling and usable software solutions.
* Engages with business development to propose and scope new user experience engagements.
* Engages with clients to educate and inform them about all aspects of user experience.
* Gathers and analyzes customer requirements and user research as needed for project assignment.
* Develops and maintains scenarios, information architecture, wire frames, design mockups, workflows, prototypes, specifications, and other design documentation
* Designs and develops creative user interface solutions that take into account platform limitations, architectures, business goals and
* Performs assessments of software products and proposes solutions for identified issues
* Leads requirements engagements and design review meetings
* Conducts user research during various phases of product development and applies results to the user interface
* Acts as a consultant on user-experience and user interface issues
* Reviews user documentation and test plans
* Actively participates in the development of corporate user experience process, collateral and best practice
* BS/BA or advanced degree in design (visual, graphic, interaction or industrial design), psychology, information architecture or computer science.
* 5 - 8 year*s user interface design experience, preferably with Microsoft technology
* Proven ability to work with the software development process and project management
* Proven experience in the design line of business applications and intranets
* Knowledge of platform specific user interface guidelines, user interface design patterns
* Proven excellent analytical and design skills including task analysis and use-case creation
* Proven ability with application and web-based prototyping/design tools
* Experience with Rich Client, Mobile, Web UI Design and Tools such as: Adobe Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator; Macromedia Dreamweaver
And Flash; Quark Xpress; Microsoft Office And Visual Studio.NET
* Proven experience in an industry vertical such as healthcare or financial services
* Knowledge of accessibility guidelines and assistive technologies
* Proven outstanding verbal and written communication skills
* Proven ability to work in a dynamic multidisciplinary team environment
* Proven team player with the ability to learn complex technical material
Resolute is a leading business and technology consulting firm developing .NET business solutions for mid-sized enterprises and divisions of the fortune 1000. Our team offers strategic planning, business solutions, technology services and resources to produce measurable, high value business results from investments in technology. Our style is sensible and form fitted to our clients needs. We share our opinions and set realistic objectives, design appropriate engagement strategies and ensure high user acceptance.