SAS R&D, Pune is looking for person for the following post
Usability Expert - Platform
Job Code: UI
Gather and analyze user research data to understand the customer's needs, abilities, work flows and environments. Design user interfaces that are useful, usable, accessible, branded and visually appealing. Evaluate Products for usability, usefulness, desirability and consistency. Provide usability support for the project carried out in Platform Pune team. Provide in depth support in designing user interfaces, carry usability tests of the products, and create story board and UI flows for the new functionality in products.
* Experience analyzing user research data to develop object models, user profiles, personas, work/task flow models and use cases.
* Experience designing useful, usable, accessible, branded and visually appealing user interfaces.
* Experience evaluating products through usability studies, cognitive walkthroughs and heuristic evaluations.
* Ability to work with geographically distributed and multidisciplinary teams.
* Knowledgeable with professional design and prototyping tools (e.g. Dreamweaver, Flash, Photoshop, and Illustrator).
* Experience designing user interfaces for web applications and desktop applications.
* Experience with user-centred design methods.
* Familiarity with multiple operating systems.
* Knowledge of software development processes.
* Working Knowledge of HTML, JSP, and Java(TM) would be added an advantage.
Education and Experience:
Graduate degree or equivalent experience in Human Factors, Computer Science, Psychology or related field with 5-7 years of relevant experience.
About SAS: SAS is the leader in business intelligence software and services. Over its 30 years, SAS has grown - from seven employees to nearly 10,000 worldwide, from a few customer sites to more than 40,000 - and has been profitable every year.