The User-Centered Design Team at Sage Software / Small Business Division is
seeking an experienced User Interface Designer.
The User Interface Designer will be primarily responsible for creating
high-fidelity prototypes, storyboards and mockups to effectively communicate
designs to the R&D organization. The User Interface Designer's rapid
prototyping skills will also play a critical role in usability testing. The
User Interface Designer may also assist in defining functional interaction
The User Interface Designer role at Sage Software depends greatly on
user-centered design research and usability testing to guide their designs.
The UCD team is a strong, fast-paced and growing team. It is well supported
by and integrated into the product management and development processes.
Key Job Responsibilities:
* Develop high-fidelity prototypes, storyboards and mockups based on
functional interaction requirements.
* Work with usability specialists to conduct customer studies of
mockups, prototypes and existing interfaces; and iterate designs based on
usability test results.
* 2 or more years of experience in product development teams working
on UI design.
* Experience working with user-centered design/human factors
* Knowledge of how to best design to solve business and user problems.
Ability to understand the needs of customers.
* Design fundamentals including information design, visual design,
industry UI standards, ease of use best practices.
* Experience with design tools, including Illustrator, Photoshop,
Visio, Dreamweaver. Flash and Visual Studio experience is a plus.
Sage Software / Small Business Division is located in Duluth, Georgia,
approximately 20-25 minutes north of downtown Atlanta.
About The Company:
Sage Software, Inc. is a leading provider of automated business management
solutions. With a wide range of front office and back office solutions -
including accounting, human resources, payroll, fixed asset management,
customer relationship management, and e-commerce - Sage Software offers
award-winning products and services that have revolutionized the way small
and mid-sized companies do business in today's marketplace.
Sage Software, Inc., encompasses the six North American companies of The
Sage Group plc.