As one of the Top 10 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Ellie Mae, Inc.,
located in Dublin, CA provides a comprehensive line of products and services
including the company's flagship Encompass mortgage automation system, and
Encompass Websites for mortgage brokers.
The Sr. User Interface (Interaction) Designer will be part of a team
responsible for the look-and-feel, information flow, and visual design of
Ellie Mae's full suite of products.
*Essential Responsibilities include:*
- Lead product design sessions with a cross-functional team of product
managers and product developers to develop new products and enhancements to
existing desktop and Internet-based products.
- Create task analyses, use cases, mock-ups, UI models, information
architecture, wire frames, mock-ups and prototypes, design briefs, design
specs and guidelines, and screen flows with little direction.
- Conduct usability tests of product designs: develop test plans,
build prototypes, conduct the tests and analyze the results.
- Work closely with our engineers to implement the designs.
*Qualifications & Experience:** *
- M.S. in computer science, design, human factors, psychology, or
- 5 -7 years experience in UI design for software with experience in
applications for both desktop and web.
- Experience in gaining active end-user involvement in the
specification, design, and implementation phases through interviews and site
- Excellent knowledge of interface design processes, user-centered
design methodologies and design constraints for desktop and internet
- Demonstrated skill for prototyping UI designs.
- Proven effectiveness in working as a member in cross-functional
teams, which include engineering, product management, support, sales, and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Expertise with the following prototyping tools: HTML/DHTML/CSS,
- Proven track record in software development
Ellie Mae, Inc. offers a commensurate salary, stock options and benefits
package which includes medical/dental/vision and 40lK match.