Full-time Senior Web Developer Opportunity at Hotwire.com in San Francisco, CA- contact firstname.lastname@example.org
9 Jun 2006 - 2:04pm
Senior Web Developer
Hotwire.com is a leading discount travel Web site with consistently lower prices on airline tickets, hotel rooms, rental cars, cruises and vacation packages. Launched in 2000 with funding from six major airlines, Hotwire negotiates deep discounts from its travel suppliers to help sell their excess inventory. Hotwire is a wholly owned subsidiary of Expedia, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXPE) and is based in San Francisco, CA. For more information, visit http://www.hotwire.com/.
• Design and document front-end projects of various scope
• Build and maintain the presentation layer of Hotwire’s site.
• Participate in code reviews of other developers' work
• Provide technical assistance to engineers, designers, managers as required
• Builds and maintains Hotwire's automated newsletters
• May need to interface with 3rd parties on technical designs and issues
• Present technical issues and their business impact to management
• Work closely with Online Marketing teams, coordinating projects, and communicating technical issues using non technical language.
Java skills including using APIs (familiarity with fundamental classes: util, date, string, etc.)
Familiarity with the following is a strong plus: Struts (including Tiles) development, PERL or some other scripting language, some Content Management system
Ability to write clean, coherent code and to follow established coding style guidelines
Excellent verbal and written skills, with proven ability to communicate complex ideas and to design and document projects in a clear, concise way
Hotwire, an equal opportunity employer, offers an exciting opportunity for qualified career-motivated professionals. We provide competitive compensation, performance bonus and the chance to work with talented people in a winning, successful, and pleasant environment. We offer many premium benefits including 401(k) with an employer match, medical, dental, life insurance, vacation and sick time and much more.
Interested candidates who fit the description are encouraged to forward a resume (cut & paste in the body of the email) to dwhite at hotwire.com
This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this message is prohibited. If you are not intended recipient of this message please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.