Yahoo! is looking for a senior interaction designer for Search, and we've
got ID openings on other properties. Below is the description for the
Please contact me if you're interested in this or other ID openings.
Unique opportunity for an experienced Interaction Designer with a passion
for creating compelling and satisfying user experiences to join the Yahoo!
Search User Experience Design team. The Interaction Designer will lead
design efforts on a variety of projects in a collaborative, fast-paced
environment. You will work closely with product managers, engineers, other
designers, web developers and usability researchers to envision and
develop next-generation web search experiences and to improve existing
Primary responsibilities include:
* Identifying requirements and facilitating the development of conceptual
design and product direction based on field research and functional
* Working closely with product managers and developers to define and
design the user experience.
* Designing the user interaction model, workflow and information architecture
* Helping create interactive prototypes for user and market research
* Working with usability researchers to design and observe usability
studies, translating usability research findings into design improvements
* Working with visual designers to improve and refine product design and
Education and experience:
* Degree in Human Factors, HCI, industrial design, or related area and/or
4 years experience in a product development organization or large website.
* Must have solid understanding of Web site design, and working
familiarity with HTML.
* Experience with shipping products a must.
* Must be able to demonstrate strong interaction design process and skills.
* Familiarity with usability engineering methodologies.
* Must communicate clearly and effectively.
* Strong analytical and oral communication skills.
* Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
* Able to collaborate actively with others in a cross-functional team.
* Must be organized, able to act independently, and able to switch rapidly
between different projects in a fast-paced and exciting environment.
* Must be able to develop new approaches to complex design problems and to
meet aggressive deadlines.
* Must have an eye for detail and be able to put ideas into a tangible form.
* Knowledge of search technologies and information retrieval systems