Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. (TBS, Inc.), a Time Warner
company, creates and programs branded news, entertainment, animation and young
adult media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around
the world. TBS, Inc. is based in Atlanta, GA, and employs some 11,000 people
Many are familiar with TBS, Inc.'s groundbreaking network,
CNN, one of the world's most respected and trusted sources for news and
information. Turner is also home to familiar entertainment networks such as
TBS, TNT, Cartoon Network, Turner Classic Movies, Adult Swim, truTV and
We are looking for a Sr. Interaction Designer to add to our
Emerging Technologies team. You will lead the user experience (UX) and
user-centered design (UCD) effort in a multi-disciplinary team to help define
the content and design strategy for products based on our media properties on
existing and emerging platforms. 10ft UI (e.g. Google TV), mobile (Apple,
Android..), tablets (iPad..), web and RIA will be your playground, in addition
to new and emerging consumer platforms.The position offers a rich and varied experience working with Turner
brands domestically and internationally.
You are a versatile and creative UX designer looking for
your next challenge.You’re interested
in and excited by the capabilities and opportunities afforded by new technology
and emerging platforms. You’re a passionate advocate for the user, intent on
delivering products, interfaces and experiences that deliver real value to the
user that also meet business goals. You will have talent for tuning into unmet
needs to help deliver innovative products and experiences that break with ‘me
too’ design moulds. A self starter and ongoing career learner, you’ll recognize
that your field is constantly evolving and consequently you stay up to date
with the most recent blogs, articles and books related to and adjacent to your
• Be a passionate and strong advocate for the user.
• Immerse and become expert in creating compelling UX and UI
on emerging platforms.Communicate those
• Design UX, UI and IA for experimental prototypes.
• Translate user needs and business requirements and
opportunities into compelling experiences.
• Perform user research.
• Develop personas.
• Clearly communicate design rationale and back it up.
• Wireframe designs and develop high level and/or detailed
storyboards to communicate design.
• Run ideation and design sessions.
• Work collaboratively with a Design Director, Product
Manager and Developers to prototype compelling products and experiences.
• Create mockups and paper prototypes (whatever it takes to
communicate a design).
• Contribute when needed to business case development.
• Conduct usability testing.
• Talented designer with minimum of 5 years of experience as
a User Experience Designer /Information Architect
• Demonstrated expertise in three or more of the following :
ethnographic research, user centered design (UCD),HCI( Human Computer Interaction), information
architecture (IA), content strategy, usability testing, need finding,
participatory design, prototyping, wireframing, focus groups,web analytics (e.g. conversion analysis).
• Demonstrated proficiency in working on multiple platforms
– not just web. Two or more of the following : 10ft UI, mobile, tablet, web,
RIA, desktop (e.g. MS Blend)
• Original thinker. Creative and flexible problem solver
with an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Approachable, outgoing team player with strong oral,
written, and visual communication skills.
• Fast learner learner.
• MS/BS/BA in UX / Human-Computer Interaction or related
• Good JS, CSS and HTML presentation layer development
• Ability to create interactive prototypes to showcase
• Good Graphic Design Skills.
• Experience in LAMP environment.
• Experience in agile development.
• Experience in media, news, and/or entertainment industry
IN ADDITION TO RESUME ALSO SEND PORTFOLIO URL. THX.
Post a Job
Add information about a job opportunity that supports IxDA's mission to improve people's experiences with technology.