Please send resumes and portfolios to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Senior UI Designer works to establish and drive the creative vision of a project. The Senior UI Designer directly collaborates with Design Researchers, Design Technologists, and other UI Designers on the project team and leads in the creation of user interface renderings and specifications.
Primary Job Responsibilities: The Senior UI Designer is responsible for the execution and delivery of creative design deliverables. The Senior UI Designer is a strong, well-rounded designer that is comfortable giving creative direction and supports creative mentorship of other designers on the project team. The Senior UI Designer is able to confidently articulate how the design solution answers user needs, business goals, technical constraints, and other project facets. The Senior UI Designer is ultimately accountable for the production of high-quality, innovative design solutions.
The Interaction Design specialization defines how business needs are met by an interface through navigation, framework, and basic page design. Deliverables include sketches, wireframes, IA maps, task flows, heuristic evaluations, etc. The Interaction Designer is involved early in a Discovery phase, collaborating with a Design Researcher, and continues to consult after their work is passed on to Visual Design.
The Interaction Design specialist makes the connection between business needs and interface design by first understanding the users’ and clients’ needs, then imagining the experience that will fulfill them. This role specifies navigation, framework, and basic page design through sketches, wireframes, IA maps, task flows. The Interaction Designer is the lynchpin of our design process, being involved early in a Discovery phase, collaborating with a Design Researcher, and continues to consult after their work is passed on to Visual Design.
• Work collaboratively with other design disciplines to ensure continuity, leverage other specializations, and maintain holistic perspective - Collaborate with Design Researchers on translating research findings into potential design solutions - Analyze products and create various product research deliverables (i.e. heuristic evaluation, competitive analysis, stakeholder interviews, etc.) - Work with client and project team to gather user/design requirements - Develop use cases (from client requirements) at user goal level - Participate in opportunity brainstorming and prioritization
• Lead the preparation of design deliverables by shaping the creative direction into design solutions and specific tasks - Holds holistic creative goals in mind when designing - Explores creative solutions and innovates in a consistent manner - Delivers solutions on time for internal reviews with ACD/CD - Possesses ownership of design solutions created by team
• Ensure quality of creative deliverables and presentations - Review day-to-day design progress of project team and provide creative guidance to project team members on day-to-day basis - Ensures quality of deliverable is in line with methodology, best practice, trends, company standards and SOW. - Define and evolve comprehensive UI design specifications - Conduct quality reviews of deliverables in terms of missing requirements, grammar, presentation, flow, etc - Delivers solutions on time for internal reviews with ACD/CD
• Present creative solutions to clients.
Secondary Job Responsibilities: The Senior UI Designer has several other secondary responsibilities to support their project team and the company as a whole, including:
• Support projekt202 sales staff with new business development: - Identify base design requirements and activities through early conversations with potential clients - Prepare and estimate project plan(s) including activities, deliverables and budget for potential client evaluation - Create and refine various projekt202 business development materials to reflect the company
• Coordinate with Program Manager on project management topics: - Identify and proactively raise risks for when deliverables are in jeopardy of not being created timely or of appropriate quality - Field, document and ensure resolution of client/vendor questions, requests and concerns via appropriate projekt202 team members - Keep meetings on track and filter out disruptive or uninformed information - Evaluate individual resources on projetk202 team to ensure focus on correct priorities and suggest updates as appropriate
Qualifications and Requirements: • More than 5 years professional experience with interaction and visual design for software user interfaces • Experience with conceptual design and creative prototypes as well as tactical UI design and implementation • Understands and can communicate effectively regarding UI design process, methods and rationale • General understanding of user research techniques and their value in the design process • Abreast of UI design best practices, trends and techniques • Knowledge of the software development lifecycle • Expert experience with design tools such as Photoshop and Illustrator • Basic understanding of technical platforms and terms (i.e. HTML, CSS, XML, AJAX, Java, .NET, XAML/WPF, Flex etc.) • Positive attitude, proactive and helpful • Ability to motivate others • Problem solver (not just good at pointing them out) and negotiator • Strong listening and communication skills • Solid organizational skills and solid attention to detail • Strong wire framing skills • Investigative nature • Empathy and a strong sense of narrative • Familiarity with basic typography and layout patterns • Portfolio
Education: Bachelor and/or Master Degree in a Relevant Field of Study (i.e. Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Graphic Design, New Media, Engineering, Liberal Arts, etc.)
Reports To: Creative Director (CD), Associate Creative Director (ACD)