Interactive Partners, a SoHo-based interactive agency, is seeking a passionate, detail-oriented New York-based User Experience Designer with minimum 2-3 years experience (emphasis in Information Architecture and Interaction Design) to join our growing Experience design team.
Candidates should have a solid understanding of user-centered, experience-driven web design and development practices as well as a firm, demonstrable grasp on creating standard UX design documentation (see below).
The ideal candidate needs to be able to work independently, multi-task and prioritize on the fly.
• Conduct small to mid-scale design research studies including stakeholder interviews, domain analysis & user research (remote, field and on-site)
• Co-create all standard UX strategy & design documentation such as brand briefs, concept maps, wireframes, process flows, site maps, content inventories, persona documentation, storyboards etc.
• Present (internally) deliverables when necessary
• Champion principles of usability and user-centered design but be able to know when it's necessary to extend beyond those principles
• Learn and contribute to the IP Experience design process
• Participate in user testing and/or fieldwork as needed
• 2-3 years experience in UI design for mid-large scale websites, web applications (mobile a+)
• Full understanding of how to apply the methodologies of Interaction Design and research to website and product development
• Successful track record participating on web design teams in creating mid-size to large scale digital products
• Proactive, proven time management skills and adherence to deadlines
• Good writing and visual communication skills (for design documentation)
• Knowledge of standard design & prototyping tools (Omnigraffle, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Fireworks CS4, Axure, etc.) for generating site maps, flows, wireframes and behavior specifications (storyboards, wireflows, etc.)
• Should be well read on current HCI/UX/IxD literature
• Knows enough but seriously willing to learn more
• Should have a documented process (you will be asked for one)
• Should play well with others
**TO BE CONSIDERED:**
Please reply with resume/portfolio (including relevant links) of recent UX deliverables to: email@example.com as well as hourly rate.
This is an ON-SITE position, NYC METRO AREA CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE.
NO recruiters or subcontracting agencies, again please.
Interactive Partners creates innovative Web solutions and digital products for major brands in the entertainment, television, and consumer electronics sectors. Our clients include BBC, Madison Square Garden, FuseTV, Showtime and Radio City Music Hall.