As a Senior User Researcher in the QuickBooks Online Experience Design (XD) team you will be part of a highly collaborative group of creative problem solvers with a passion for innovation to revolutionize the way millions of small businesses around the world start, grow and run their businesses successfully. We are looking for creative problem solvers with a passion for innovation to join our team and revolutionize the way the world does business.
Primary Responsibilities : • Conduct user research throughout the design process to ensure that experiences are delivering on business goals and customer needs
• Develop user research plans in collaboration with business owners and designers to ensure that the results are actionable and timely
• Develop overall business learning plans to help teams gain the customer insights necessary to drive projects forward successfully
• Leverage your past experience with a wide variety of research methods, best practices, and technologies to select and apply the right methods and tools at the right time
• Manage vendor relationships with recruiters and outsourced research companies
• Effectively communicate research results and actionable recommendations to project stakeholders in a clear and compelling manner in order to positively influence design direction
• Demonstrate an eagerness to be part of a strong design and research community. At Intuit, the user experience community is extensive - starting within individual product groups and expanding across our division and company. Our Chairman and Founder, Scott Cook, is passionate about design and actively promotes a culture that values design thinking.
Qualifications : • 5+ years of user research experience, including direct experience with various research methodologies (e.g. heuristic evaluations, lab-based and remote usability testing, contextual inquiry site visits, surveys)
• Direct experience conducting usability research for large scale products, websites, or web-based applications
• Ability to manage multiple projects of varying complexity
• Ability to work independently in addition to working with a cross-functional team of interaction designers and product managers
• Experience writing research plans, discussion guides, screeners, test protocols, and reports that effectively meet the needs of your audience
• Education (Minimum): Bachelor's Degree (Preferred): Advanced Degree (MA, M.Sc., Ph.D.) with training in Human-Computer-Interaction or related design discipline
Bonus points for experience with: • Agile Development Method • Interaction design principles • Creating wireframes to communicate design ideas • SAAS applications • Quantitative research skills
Post a Job
Add information about a job opportunity that supports IxDA's mission to improve people's experiences with technology.