Erin Myers
13 Feb 2012 - 9:47am
2 years ago
8 replies
Terms:
morville

Search UI Question

Scenario

Users can search a full-text collection that includes free and fee-based documents. All works have a document surrogate ("content detail page") that's visible to all users.

Challenge

In search results, we don't want to show the snippet (keyword in context) for fee-based documents, because persistent users may be able to piece together what they need without paying. The current plan is to replace the snippet with "Matched on Full Text."

Questions

* Is there a better way?

2 Jun 2010 - 3:20pm
4 years ago
2 replies
abhishekbhor

Re: [IxDA] Hotel Home Page Sneak peek

Hi Laax
Personally speaking on look-n-feel, I like the previous one better for it cultural presence which closely links to the resort video on website. The new one looks very corporate in nature, also looks little dull & too spread out to me. On the other hand, Information layout is definitely better in the new one and is easier to find.
ThanksA

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 2:36 PM, iaaxpage <iaax@sidware.com> wrote:

5 Mar 2011 - 7:14pm
3 years ago
7 replies
Shawn C

In-house design teams - what do you call yourselves?

I'm looking for ideas on what an in-house interactive/interaction/web design team should be called within a larger design group at a large (conservative) corporation. The designers will handle visual design, consult on interaction design best practices for applications, manage online campaigns, etc -- broad enough that I'm not sure that web design/interactive design/new media design really fit, but something like "Media Technology" or similar isn't right either. 

Any thoughts? 

thank you! 

11 Jun 2009 - 7:39am
Jean Graef

SharePoint & Semantic Web events

The Montague Institute will offer the following teleconferences this summer & fall:

Managing SharePoint metadata: The HP/EDS experience<http://www.montague.com/roundtable55.html> (July 22, 2009 via teleconference)

Customizing — and governing — SharePoint search<http://www.montague.com/roundtable56.html> (August 25, 2009 via teleconference)

The Semantic Web in practice<http://www.montague.com/sema

8 Nov 2007 - 10:18am
Billy Cox

[QUAR] What tools do you use for prototyping?

How about a working definition of 'prototype'?

Prototype -- 'A visual approximation of the form and/or function of an
intended finished product with a level of fidelity appropriate to the
project lifecycle and intended audience.'

Such a definition acknowledges that there is no single method of prototyping
that fits every situation. The definition also suggests that the prototype
serves the project but it is not the final deliverable.

So, a design mockup would function as a prototype with a certain degree of
suggested function.

23 Nov 2011 - 7:13am
2 years ago
2 replies
Raelynn OLeary

Seeking speakers [designers, urban planners, architects] who are working in community design...

During the Interaction 12 Local Leaders workshop in Dublin we are going to explore how we can design richer interaction design communities in our localities. It is the aim of many local groups to be more than event planning organizations. We hope to foster community and dialogue outside of events and serve as hubs for knowledge around our discipline. As such, we are looking for urban planners, Design Council members or other designers applying design thinking and methodologies in their communities to speak to the group about their approach to communitybuilding.
23 May 2006 - 1:23pm
akemi

userID name generator and length

Hi all,

I would appreciate if you could all share your insights on the following question:

What is the best practice for generating user ID (userID at something.com) and the ideal acceptable length of userID?

The user ID is generated for the consumer-level mobile device.
As a rule of thumb, I am setting to what is visible on the text field (15char max) and maybe 5 characters more to attach server generated "number" if the user ID already exists.

6 May 2005 - 11:55pm
9 years ago
1 reply
Wendy Fischer

my new mobile UXD blog

I've decided to enter the blog space. I have a new UxD blog at http://mobileuxd.blogspot.com/.

It will deal primarily with mobile UXD but also touches on other UxD issues, but it is also a personal blog.

17 Aug 2004 - 8:58pm
Daniel

Re: Reset Button Icon

RE: Reset Button Icon

If you're stuck in finding an icon do revisit the task flow and
the task goal, see if you can find alternate routes or solutions.

Also, consider an On-screen button.

Best,
Dan