Discussion Archive

16 Dec 2008 - 10:09am
7 years ago
1 reply
Adem

Dashboard for non-trending data?

I've been tasked with designing an interface for an application that reports on SQL and Sharepoint data. I'd like the default home page of the application to present some sort of summary information, and I thought a dashboard would not only jazz things up a bit (I've also been asked to try to make reporting 'sexy' - not an easy feat!), but also provide an entry point for newer users.

However, dashboards tend to lend themselves to trend-type data, or reports that generate simple numerical results such as 'number of databases: 24'.

jaimerusselllevy

Lecture in Los Angeles: User Experience Strategy for Lean Startups & Interaction Designers

LECTURE: User Experience Strategy for Lean Startups & Interaction Designers
($40 including wine and high-impact lecture)
Wednesday, August 15, 2012 from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM
http://leanuxstrategy.eventbrite.com/

Coloft
920 Santa Monica Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90401

18 Jun 2009 - 3:46am
7 years ago
12 replies
admin
4 Apr 2006 - 7:02am
Jared M. Spool

Informal Cocktail Hour: Seattle & San Francisco

Greetings,

[Apologies for any duplication]

As Christine Perfetti and I wind our way through the 2006 UIE Roadshow, we
find ourselves this week in Seattle and San Francisco.

15 Nov 2006 - 10:08pm
Wendy Fischer

Hiring User experience design intern (San francisco)

AirPlay Network, a pioneer in the creation of mobile interactive applications, is looking for a User Experience Design intern (full time or part time contractor) to join its Marketing team to provide interaction design and website design for our website, AirPlay.com. AirPlay.com is the marketing and mobile gaming community website that complements our mobile game offering.
The user experience design intern position can be either full time or part time, based on schedule.

28 May 2013 - 3:15am
Terms:
MarcellaMiss

UXPA LA Presents on 5/28 — Big Data, Enterprise Data Analysis & Visualization

There may still be spaces available! This is going to be a once in a lifetime event!

UXPA of Los Angeles is proud to present:
The UX Professional:
Big Data, Enterprise Data Analysis& Visualization

25 Jun 2010 - 12:46am
3 years ago
5 replies
ravi.munireddy

What process you follow to develop a UI for an Intranet application?

Hi Every one,

What process do you follow to develop a UI for a intranet application from scratch and you have to rely on a single &  very high level requirements document,  and there is no other source of input [not even from Users / Stackholder]...except Internet and you are new to the domain.

I know my question is unrealistic but this was aksed to me in an interview by a Product Manager.

Thanks & Regards,
Ravi

31 Jul 2008 - 3:32pm
7 years ago
3 replies
gautam rao

Need agency to recruit participants from Europe & Asia-Pacific

<http://www.ixda.org/discuss.php>We are looking for an agency to recruit
usability test participants from Europe (UK, Germany, France, Spain,
Switzerland) and Asia-Pacific (Australia, China, Japan). Can anyone
recommend any recruiting firms or agencies?

Thanks,
Gautam Rao

Usability Project Manager
Global IT | Ernst & Young LLP
gautam.rao at ey.com

11 Sep 2012 - 10:34pm
tiagomarques

Traveller UX Designer in Sydney, Australia

Hey guys,

My name is Tiago Marques, I’m a user experience / information architecture designer, currently taking a few months away from London and exploring Southeast Asia and Australia.

My next stop in Australia will be Sydney Friday next week - September 21st - for a few days and I would really like to meet fellow designers for a drink and learn about the design culture in Sydney / Australia and how it differs from London and Europe... I'm the curious type :)

19 Jan 2012 - 9:31pm
Lydia Anthony

Who's going to IA Summit 2012?

Hi y'all,

Brand new to the association, but I'm so glad to be here. I'm an MLIS student at USC who recently discovered my calling in UX/IA.

I just wanted to hook up with folks going to the IA Summit this year.