Discussion Archive: November 2013

joshigrv

Bachelors in Design / Bachelors in Psychology : for Masters in IxD

Hi,

I'm 26. I dropped out of electronics engineering in my final year. 
After that i have worked in the field of Interface Design for 2 years.

With things evolving at the pace that we see, I feel there will be need to take a masters in interaction design course a few years down the line. But since i dropped out, i will need a bachelor's degree and i can't give up work for financial reasons.

29 Nov 2013 - 4:48pm
dhhepting

CFP: Interaction Design for Environmental Information Systems (Session F4) at iEMSs 2014, San Diego, California, USA, 15-19 June 2014

Call for Participation 

Interaction Design for Environmental Information Systems (Session F4) at the 8th International Congress on Environmental Modelling & Software (iEMSs 2014), San Diego, California, USA, 15-19 June 2014.

Organizers: Daryl H. Hepting, Steven Frysinger, and Markus Wrobel 

27 Nov 2013 - 7:43pm
39 weeks ago
0 replies
David Sless

Series of blogs on The Big Shift in Information Design

I'm writing a series of blogs on what I have called the Big Shift in information design. It might interest some of you on this list. http://communication.org.au/blog/

25 Nov 2013 - 5:08pm
+1
Dianna Miller

Student Design Challenge: deadline extended to Dec 8

Want to audition for the Interaction14 Student Design Challenge, but feel pressed for time due to finals?
21 Nov 2013 - 11:01pm
1 year ago
6 replies
Petra Liverani

Entering multiple values using code in a single field

Hi,

I work in transport incident management and the idea occurred to me that, when creating an incident, instead of tabbing through fields and completing values (either using the dropdown arrow or keyboard) operators could enter all information into a single field using simple recognised codes and separating the codes with a space.

Example:

acapri eb tg sl12 mhr

represents

Acacia Ave/Princes Hwy intersection eastbound - truck into guardrail - shoulder and lanes 1 and 2 - estimated clearance time more than 1 hour.

17 Nov 2013 - 10:48pm
Terms:
rongoldin

Mobile Research

Hey UXers,
What are you favorite tools and methodologies for doing on-device qualitative mobile research?
16 Nov 2013 - 10:00pm
1 year ago
2 replies
Zelbinian

Looking for Social-Good focused UX Opportunities

I have a somewhat unique background and a somewhat unique vision for my future. My grad school recruiter once told me "you will be extremely valuable to a small group of companies." The challenge is finding them.

13 Nov 2013 - 8:15pm
+1
1 year ago
1 reply
Dianna Miller

Interaction14 Student Design Challenge FAQ

Hello, IxD/UX students:

We’ve got 17 days to go before the Student Design Challenge. We’ve received a few questions about submission details and thought we’d start a public thread here to post the answers and additional information. 

13 Nov 2013 - 12:31pm
aditisingh

Guidelines for support documentation for apps

Hi Gurus!

I am currently starting to work on creating a pleasurable user experience for support documentation for an app. This app has versions that run on an iphone, android, mac as well as a windows OS. 

Are there any guidelines or specs for creating such documentation? 

Any light that you can shed on this will be very helpful.

Thanks!

13 Nov 2013 - 5:38am
Bruno Figueiredo

Discount Code for UXLx 2014

UXLx: User Experience Lisbon is happening again 4 to 6 June 2014 and we'd like to give every IxDA'er a discount code like we do every year. Just use discount code IXDAUXLX14 when buying to get 10% off.