Discussion Archive: October 2013

9 Oct 2013 - 12:55pm
Leah Buley

Invitation: Lou Rosenfeld at Intuit on 10/16

I wanted to spread the word about a talk that will take place at Intuit in Mountain View, California the evening of October 16th.

6 Oct 2013 - 10:24am
1 year ago
2 replies
edwina

MSc User Experience Kingston University

Hi,

I have been looking into the Masters in User Experience Design in Kingston University.  I was wondering does any one have any experience of it?  Good, bad or indifferent?

http://www.kingston.ac.uk/postgraduate-course/user-experience-design-msc/

I know it has recently chaged from being an MA and MSc to just being an MSc.  My background is in design and advertising and although I would like to know all apsects of the field research etc, I would not like it to be at the expense of my strengths ie. design.

TeresaBrazen

Come join us for the UX Boot Camp: Canine Companions for Independence

This November 19-22, join Cooper, Canine Companions for Independence and design practitioners from around the world in this four day, immersive training in user experience design. With mentorship of our best teachers and active feedback from stakeholders at Canine Companions, you'll explore new ways to stimulate memory functions to facilitate communication between veterans and their service dog. 

lsfx

IX and UX industry in Berlin

Hello all,

I just move to Berlin and I would like to start to explore what has to offer in IX and UX areas. I'm an HCI master student and I need to start to look for a place where to do an intership, and after that a Matser thesis with a company. Start ups could be as well an option.

So, I would like to hear some advices from someone of you who knows a little much better the Industry.

Or if someone know such a great Design firms or Companies in other European cities where could be worth it to do an internship, it will be great as well.

Thanks!

2 Oct 2013 - 9:35am
34 weeks ago
9 replies
ptamzz

Animation for Interaction Design

I'm looking for resources or materials on "Animation for Interaction Designers".

As an interaction designer, particularly for digital experience designs, I feel there is a need to understand basic animation principles to better handle page transitions, UI element movements and animated data visualizations or so on.

It would be really glad if anyone can help me with articles or online resources on the same.