Discussion Archive: July 2013

8 Jul 2013 - 5:50am
+1
IxDconf

Interaction14 update -- Announcing our first two keynotes

Is there a perfect language?

In his book “The Search for the Perfect Language” Umberto Eco reminds us there was once perfect language that expressed, without ambiguity, the essence of all possible things and concepts.

Every language, every technology and design approach is a take on reality, a way to frame it and understand it. Every frame comes with its own way of interpreting the world. Computers with their abstract language made people’s life complicated. Interface and interaction design popped in to ease the journey.

5 Jul 2013 - 10:26am
kevinsuttle

Frame of Reference: The Real Issues at the Heart of Modern Interface Design

I wrote this post on Medium, which quickly became the most reccommended article. In it, I attempt to peel the mask off of the issues surrounding the trends in interface design, to reveal the underlying need for affordances of all types. Please share if you enjoy it.

https://medium.com/design-ux/eeb32a8931ac

And as always, feedback and discussion are more than welcome. In fact, I encourage it.
Thank you.

4 Jul 2013 - 10:51pm
keyur sorathia

Student Design Consortium (SDC) at IndiaHCI/APCHI 2013

Undergraduate, graduate and PhD students are encouraged to apply. 

India HCI Logo   Inline image 1

4 Jul 2013 - 10:50pm
keyur sorathia

4 Jul 2013 - 10:50pm
keyur sorathia

mariamsafi

What’s the future of experience & interactive design in public space?

Xlab 2013: Experience + Interaction in Public SpaceNew York City, October 24, 2013 is SEGD’s premier innovation event connecting design, technology, and communication in the built environment.

We’ll discuss all things related to digital communications, immersive experience design, and the shaping of our urban spaces and places by emerging technologies.