Discussion Archive: May 2013

8 May 2013 - 2:33pm
kirtik

Looking for volunteer work in User experience/ UX for Mobile devices

Hi,

I am looking out for volunteer work in UX field - preferably Mobile projects. I have around 4 years of experinece working on designing UI for various mobile devices.

If there are any projects that anyone knows which would require volunteering I would be interested. You can send me a mail @ kirti.s.kanitkar@gmail.com

Thanks,

Kirti Kanitkar

8 May 2013 - 8:49am
1 year ago
1 reply
Brenda Sanderson

The Power of 10 :: Seed the next 10 years of IxDA

Since 2003, IxDA member support has been at the core of our exponential growth and development as a global organization. From the very first email discussion list to formalizing the organization's mission, operations, and governance, to local groups around the world, to programs and platforms where our community can meet and share ideas to advance the discipline of interaction design...YOU are the members who come together as a vibrant community in support of our goals.

6 May 2013 - 10:33am
Did_Jean

How to define heuristics specific to a system ?

Hi,

We are currently working on complex systems unificating various interfaces. Various modules (physical and interfaces) are interacting together, like in a train, car or plane.

Each module thus have its own goals and dedicated tasks.

To reproduce our analysis and communicate comparable results we would like to develop heuristics grids specific to each sub system, based on Nielsen's and Bastien&Scapin's ones, but including task oriented criterias.

3 May 2013 - 10:41am
agold1120

Switching through multiple "primary" phones for testing

Hi All,

I'm a User Experience Designer. While my primary phone is an iPhone 5, I'm curious to really understand the user behaviors consistent with some android devices (perhaps even extend to windows and blackberry as well). I've been able to test various apps on these devices through my company but I know to truly understand what the user goes through, I should adopt an adroid phone as my primary phone for a month and treat it as real users do.

2 May 2013 - 1:02pm
jrubinic

Design Thinking Meetup on June 3 - Please join!

Brandhacker, a digital insights workshop series, would love to have you at our upcoming panel on Design Thinking. We’re excited to be hosting a panel of experts from academia, corporate innovation labs and UX agencies to discuss the benefits, challenges and methodologies of Design Thinking. 

June 3
Dewey’s Flatiron, 210 5th ave, NY, NY

6:30 – Drinks and networking
7:00 – 8:00 – Panel
8:00 – 9:00 – Drinks and networking

$10  - Sign up here: http://www.meetup.com/brandhacker/events/114267082/

Panelists include:

1 May 2013 - 9:28am
dougsymon

Are you currently employed as an Interaction Designer?

Here's a short survey to help with my Bachelor Thesis. There are about a dozen questions and mainly checkboxes so shouldn't take too long...

CODowns

Digital Media & Interaction Design Students Present ‘Coaster Cities’

Hi all, I'm helping to organise an event that many of you may be interested in. This would be a fantastic opportunity to see the work of the talented students who are preparing to graduate in June.

Details are below. If you have any questions, just let me know! 

-Catherine

-------------------------------------------------------