Discussion Archive: April 2013

15 Apr 2013 - 6:28am
1 year ago
1 reply
Suruchika

Research/paper/insights on Use of mobile technology by Professionals on the move

Hi,

I'm currently working for an internal paper for my organization.

I need to collect research material on usage of mobile/technology to meet user needs, specifically of professionals that are constantly on the move. I'm also looking for content on behavioural and motivations for such professionals.

Any relative links or cues in this direction will be a great help.

Looking forward for more enriching information.

Thanks.

12 Apr 2013 - 3:56pm
1 year ago
7 replies
Patricia Mourthé

Which tools are you using for remote usability testing and unmoderated user testing?

Hello everyone,

We're shopping for an unmoderated user testing tool and I'd like to know which tool you would recommend.

There are several tools out there... I found Solidify app (for prototyping test) by ZURB. Anyone using it? If so, how do you rate it as usefull in terms of detecting early usability problems in the prototype or mockup? If it has helped you, how?

If you has used other tools, how'd you rate it (pros xs cons)? 

Thanks.

Patricia

jkolko

Learn Interaction Design and Social Entrepreneurship in Austin - 3 weeks till applications are due

Hi,

If you are considering going back to school in the fall, I would like to invite you to apply to Austin Center for Design. AC4D is located in Austin, Texas, and our program is one-year long; classes are held on nights and weekends, and the program is an affordable $12,000. We offer a unique combination of courses in interaction design and in social entrepreneurship, and many of our students go on to found and run their own double-bottom-line businesses. 

10 Apr 2013 - 11:11pm
4 weeks ago
1 reply
rapture

Umea Industrial Design Intensive

Hi everyone.. this is a bit long:

I am very new to IxD and have been doing a lot of research lately to look for similar programs to Umea's Industrial Design Intensive. I'm about to graduate with a BS in business/economics, and have very limited design education, thus looking for some sort of grad school prep program. Also, the program doesn't require any professional experience or a portfolio for admissions. 

10 Apr 2013 - 10:26am
uxjam

Design Challenge: Catalyzing Communication about End-of-Life Care

== Announcing a design challenge held in conjunction with the 2013 Healthcare Experience Design Conference, brought to you by Mad*Pow and the California HealthCare Foundation ==

When surveyed about the main reasons why they had not talked to their loved ones, 41% of Californians said they had too many other things to worry about right now, and 39% said that they or their loved one didn’t want to think about death or dying.

10 Apr 2013 - 4:36am
Terms:
Digital Crusade

Website/App reviews

I want to raise a discussion on website evaluations (expert reviews/heuristic evaluations).

Does anyone have the site or app they are working on evaluated, or is this an old fashioned resource that has got lost in the world of lean UX and user testing?

If you do have your site/app evaluated, at what stage in your workflow do you have this done? Prototype stage, pre-user testing, pre-launch? And how useful do you find the completed report?

9 Apr 2013 - 2:33pm
Brenda Sanderson

10 April: IxDA at the Heineken Magazzini in Milan

Where else will you find IxDA in Milan this week?

Check out Alok Nandi (Interaction14 Chair), Mark Dytham (Pecha Kucha Founder) and Mark van Iterson (Heineken's Global Head of Design) at the Heineken Magazzini on Wednesday @ 4pm.

Both IxDA and Pecha Kucha are celebrating 10-year anniversaries in 2013.

Rodrigo Sanchez

NYCUXPA Presents: The Art of Effective Narrative, With Senongo Akpem - Tues Apr 16th 6:00 - 8:30pm

The Art of Effective Narrative, With Senongo Akpem

What does storytelling mean in a digital world? We have augmented reality, touch screens, and even geolocation technology to tell everything from mysteries to childrens' stories to our audiences.

8 Apr 2013 - 12:20pm
DESIGNEXCHANGE

Call for Submissions: Design Exchange Emerging Designer Competition 2013

The Design Exchange, Canada's Design Museum, is excited to announce the inaugural EMERGING DESIGNER COMPETITION supported by RBC Foundation, a national competition that seeks to provide an unparalleled opportunity for emerging Canadian designers to gain recognition and exposure, while celebrating the immense and diverse design talent in Canada! the Winner will receive

7 Apr 2013 - 4:12am
Mark Vanderbeeken

Videos of Interaction13

The videos of the recent Interaction13 conference in Toronto are now online.

To help you with browsing them, I have created two posts;