Discussion Archive: February 2013

28 Feb 2013 - 9:22pm
1 year ago
2 replies
SuzInDC

What do you charge for Remote User Testing?

Hi Folks,

One of the services I offer my clients is remote user testing. I use usertesting.com. I charge the price of the test (about $40) per participant and then for my time developing the tasks and analyzing the results (watching videos, writing report, making recommendations for changes). I also include up to 10 hours of design changes. The whole package comes to about 4K-6K depending on the number of test takers (6-12).

Does this sound reasonable? Too high or too low? Would anyone be willing to share what they charge?

Thanks!

Susan

28 Feb 2013 - 7:24pm
1 year ago
3 replies
jeff

Nielsen Norman Group reports

Has anybody purchased any of the reports from Nielsen Norman group? Have they provided useful information? I'm particularly interested in the reports about intranets such as this one: http://www.nngroup.com/reports/intranet-design-annual/

26 Feb 2013 - 10:02pm
+1
liuliusquare

What are some unmet needs of interaction designers (professional and personal)?

Hi-

I'm a graduate student doing some initial research for my thesis project.

As interaction designers, we spend a lot of time thinking about user's unmet needs, but I'm wondering if you could share some stories about your own unment needs in your work process or personal life as a designer? (e.g. pool performance of prototyping tools, etc...)

Thanks a lot!

Liu

26 Feb 2013 - 4:57pm
+1
1 year ago
3 replies
leslie242

Experience in creating a VOC repository?

Hey All,

I am working with a small product team with minimal resources. We are currently starting to receive feedback and would like to compile the information in a centralized repository. Essentially, we like to take a baby step into starting a VOC (voice of customer) space for the team reference and track over time. One that allows the team to easily filter and sort thru the information.

In the past I've used excel and sharepoint to do this—Does anyone have other suggestions?

Love to hear your thoughts and thanks in advance!

Leslie

sdaniela

First Approved Axure Training in Romania

Axure Training topDAY 2013 is the first public Axure training ever held in Romania by an approved Axure training partner – Ax-Stream UK, one of only five in the world and two in Europe.

26 Feb 2013 - 2:15am
1 year ago
5 replies
Suruchika

Gradual Engagement on websites

Hi,

I'm looking for good examples of gradual engagement from the web, specifically while enrolling users or registering them and avoiding long forms to fill at one go.

Can anyone help me with such examples?

thanks.

22 Feb 2013 - 11:45pm
1 year ago
2 replies
theomandel
21 Feb 2013 - 2:03am
yuzhebin

How to choose? HCI Msc in Nottingham uni or Birmingham uni?

Anyone who can tell me the how long do these two universities establish HCI msc?
and which has more reputation in this area?
Which one is better for those who have backgroud of industry design?

20 Feb 2013 - 8:34pm
1 year ago
1 reply
tsharon

Announcing LeanUX NYC

Hey all!

Just wanted to announce LeanUX NYC, which I will be speaking as well as running a workshop at. It's in New York City, April 11-13, and includes over 25 speakers and 10 workshops to choose from.

Here is the About:

19 Feb 2013 - 3:25pm
1 year ago
1 reply
Lori McCay-Peet

Looking for participants for a web-based study: Your Experience in Digital Environments

Please participate or spread the word -- see call for participation below. Thanks!

----