Discussion Archive: September 2012

12 Sep 2012 - 10:12am
kchowell
12 Sep 2012 - 5:58am
Terms:
Martin Tomitsch

OzCHI student design challenge

Hi,

If you supervise, teach or mentor students in the area of interaction design or related fields, please encourage your students to enter the OzCHI 24-hour student design challenge. 

11 Sep 2012 - 9:34pm
tiagomarques

Traveller UX Designer in Sydney, Australia

Hey guys,

My name is Tiago Marques, I’m a user experience / information architecture designer, currently taking a few months away from London and exploring Southeast Asia and Australia.

My next stop in Australia will be Sydney Friday next week - September 21st - for a few days and I would really like to meet fellow designers for a drink and learn about the design culture in Sydney / Australia and how it differs from London and Europe... I'm the curious type :)

11 Sep 2012 - 9:34pm
tiagomarques

Traveller UX Designer in Sydney, Australia

Hey guys,

My name is Tiago Marques, I’m a user experience / information architecture designer, currently taking a few months away from London and exploring Southeast Asia and Australia.

My next stop in Australia will be Sydney Friday next week - September 21st - for a few days and I would really like to meet fellow designers for a drink and learn about the design culture in Sydney / Australia and how it differs from London and Europe... I'm the curious type :)

11 Sep 2012 - 2:32pm
dolores_joya

[Event] Animation for User Interaction Design with Photoshop SF

Happy September. It's a great month for advancing and innovating UI Design! I have some very cool techniques I've developed to share with you guys. As you know communicating User Interactions (i.e. gestures and task completion) in UI Design can be hard with just static mock-ups. Also, if you just want to show a cool animation to give your Application soul, you have to design that as well. Over the years I've experimented with different workflows to achieve this very thing. So let here's what is at our next show and tell...

11 Sep 2012 - 10:23am
kylejacobson

Medium.com says "There's something wrong with the publishing of periodic content on the web (blogging)" and puts forth a new model. What terminology would you use to describe design on that level?

Particularly, I'm interested in how to label this level of design in a portfolio.

I have micro- (or at least low-level) interactions, e.g. what faceted search looks like and how it functions in an ecommerce site.

There's higher-level interactions, like choosing a hub-and-spoke navigation model (yes, one could call this IA) or choosing "Save as new" as opposed to making and changing copies.

William Hudson

Reminder - Dynamic Web Pages: Effective Use of Ajax Webinar, Thursday @ 16:30 London Time

(Apologies if you receive more than one of these.)

Reminder - Dynamic Web Pages: Effective Use of Ajax Webinar

We're running some of our Guerrilla UCD webinars in private sessions for one of the world's best known telecoms companies. Let us know if you need something special: you can pick the time, tweak the content and share the recordings with your whole organization (rather than just an individual team).

7 Sep 2012 - 1:56am
Terms:
Yohan Creemers

[Event] Design by Fire 2012 - 12 October, San Francisco

After five inspiring editions in the Netherlands, this sixth edition of the Design by Fire Conference will take place in downtown San Francisco! We're working hard to make sure you don't want to miss Design by Fire 2012.

Conference - Friday, 14 October 2012
We are very pleased with the sessions confirmed:

6 Sep 2012 - 11:36am
stojakovic

Seeking input via survey for article about behavior patterns among UX designers

Am writing an article about a pattern observed among UX/IxD designers. Have a quick 6 multiple-choice survey that I'd appricate your time to complete. 

Will post findings here when complete.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFlwc3JmUlEzbElhY0dycF9udDJsS2c6MQ

Thanks in advance. 

6 Sep 2012 - 11:13am
IxDA Interactio...

This Week in the Interaction Awards

Hello!

Can you believe it's already September? We’re ramping up for the final weeks of open submission for this year’s Interaction Awards, preparing our jury for the difficult task of selecting the winners for 2013, and planning next year's Awards Ceremony in Toronto in January.

We’ve had a great response to our call for entries so far, and there are only 3 weeks left to enter, so submit your work today:

http://awards.ixda.org/