Discussion Archive: May 2012

15 May 2012 - 7:43am
jkolko

Event Announcement: Design Extravaganza, in Austin, Texas - Oct 5/6, 2012

Join us October 5th and 6th, 2012 in Austin, Texas, for 2 days of thought-provoking and inspirational conversations about the role of design in shaping the fabric of society. The mingle-mangle razzle-dazzle ragtag design extravaganza brings together speakers and thought-leaders in the fields of design, technology, and entrepreneurship; you'll hear from people like:

Bernie Monette

Student portfolio show in Toronto

Good evening:

We are having our annual student portfolio show on May 22nd. So if you are interested in seeing some student work - please drop in. If you are hiring or are looking for interns - you might like what you see!

storify.com/berniemonette/humber-college-web-development-program

Cheers,

Bernie

Bernie Monette, M.Ed.
Professor

14 May 2012 - 8:42pm
2 years ago
2 replies
Caritta

Recommendation for agencies well versed in IA?

Hi there, 

I am looking for recommendations for medium - large agencies that are IA ninjas. Currently in infancy, I have been tasked to research some medium to large agencies who are known for their IA skills.

The ultimate goal is to put together a budget to create the following deliverables:

1.  a sitemap of the current site (which is an ecommerce/lead-gen site) that is about 15,000 pages

2, a new sitemap of the future of our site

3. Wireframes and annotations for templated content

14 May 2012 - 4:46am
JeanneM

Persuading the Product Team that there is too much copy on the site

Hi

If anyone out there can help me or has come across a similiar situation..

I need a persuasive argument to back up my claim that there is too much copy on each page of the website (member system) we are putting together. The copywriter is literally explaining all the things that can be done on each page, which, if the navigation and buttons are clear enough, should be self-explanatory! The PD team are treating each page like a brochure, when in fact there is some pretty complex functionality per screen.

William Hudson
12 May 2012 - 10:19pm
2 years ago
2 replies
aeshverma

Which Program to select for MS in HCI ???

Hi all

I have been admitted to the following universities for MS in HCI program and need to make a decision soon, so that I can apply for a visa.

• Depaul University  
  • Rochester Institute of Technology
  • IUPUI
  • University of Maryland Baltimore County

11 May 2012 - 9:29pm
fgh139

Invitation to participate in pilot study of a Questionnaire

Dear friend

I am conducting a pilot study for evaluating my questionnaire item. Please Kindly complete this questionnaire and at the end of each part, feel free to write your comments on any problem or difficulty you found in answering the questions. I appreciate in advance, your time and cooperation in improving this questionnaire.

10 May 2012 - 8:57am
2 years ago
3 replies
NeilHouse

Advice for getting into the industry

Hi,  Any help in providing me with good answers and knowledge surrounding the questions below would be great.

I want to enter into your field as an interaction designer/ user interface designer/ user experience designer focusing primarily around online products.

Quick background:

10 May 2012 - 7:57am
2 years ago
1 reply
SusieComet

Introducing UX at a user conference

I start a new position at a new company as a User Interface Engineer on Monday, and our annual 3 day user conference is the following weekend. This is a small company and I am the first UX professional in the company.

This will be a new field for me so i'll be scrambling to learn their products asap, but I would like to bring ideas on how to interact with conference participants on their user experiences. These are my thoughts so far, please chime in, I would love to hear your ideas!

10 May 2012 - 7:56am
SusieComet