Discussion Archive: May 2012

William Hudson

Half-Price Guerrilla UCD Webinar on 6 June

(Apologies if you receive more than one of these.)

Half-Price Guerrilla UCD Webinar on 6 June at 16:30 London Time

The 90-minute Guerrilla UCD Boot Camp webinar kicks off our series of 16 on usability, user experience, user-centred design and Agile. It starts by looking at the need for user-centred design, including the psychology of interaction between users and computers plus interactions within teams. The topics covered include:

savvy

Incentives to get users to log in and personalize?

I'm working on a re-design of my company's online support community. In our re-design, we plan to offer many more features and customization/personalization options-- but users will need to be logged in to take advantage of them (e.g., suggestions of content and local community connections based on preferences, profiles and locations, ability to customize content and view, etc).

savvy

Incentives to get users to log in and personalize?

I'm working on a re-design of my company's online support community. In our re-design, we plan to offer many more features and customization/personalization options-- but users will need to be logged in to take advantage of them (e.g., suggestions of content and local community connections based on preferences, profiles and locations, ability to customize content and view, etc).

29 May 2012 - 5:32pm
2 years ago
1 reply
mswanson1524
23 May 2012 - 11:47am
2 years ago
1 reply
Paul Chang

Providing Contextual Help: Pedagogical Agent Framework

Hi All.

This is my first time posting on the site, but I always see great discussions, so hoping you can help with my challenge.

I'm working on an educational website that has been cast as a video game. The student is asked to perform a series of activities aboard a space ship and the metaphor is that they're sitting at a terminal while on the ship making decisions.

Bernie Monette

Web Development portfolio show tonight...

In case you missed the last post - tonight is our portfolio show for the Humber College Web development program. If you are interested in seeing the work of some very talented people drop on by! Starts at 6 and is at the ING Direct Cafe at Yonge and Shuter.

More information at http://bit.ly/IUCN7S

Bernie Monette
Humber College Web Development Program.

www.humber.ca/webdevelopment

22 May 2012 - 2:19pm
Louis Rosenfeld

New book! John Ferrara's Playful Design

(apologies for cross posting)

It's a pleasure to announce that John Ferrara's new book, Playful Design: Creating Game Experiences in Everyday Interfaces, is now available for purchase! 

21 May 2012 - 11:37am
William Hudson

Apologies for duplicated posting

Sorry everyone, for the replicated posting. The web site was producing a message when I sumitted saying 'system unavailable, please try later'. So I did. I never did get a confirmation, but I gather the emails were being sent in spite of the failure message.

Regards,

William