Discussion Archive: March 2012

2 Mar 2012 - 11:18am
2 years ago
14 replies
Philip Hillman

Prototyping Tools 2012 - Axure RP 6.0 or iRise Studio

Hi all,

My first post on IXDA.

I realise that this point is raised periodically but wanted to get a quick verdict on the most popular prototyping and wireframe creation tools. 

Criteria is that we are designing enterprise, transactional applications and platforms - with complex interactions and logic and our designers are using mixture of Mac and Pc as their workstations - so ideally I want something multi platform compatible. 

Tools under the microscope are;-

jkolko

New book available (for free!) - Wicked Problems: Problems Worth Solving

Hi,

I'm pleased to announce the availability of my next book, provided for free in its entirety online at http://www.wickedproblems.com.

1 Mar 2012 - 7:56pm
2 years ago
1 reply
IxDA Board of D...

Introducing the 2012 IxDA Board of Directors

Introducing the 2012 IxDA Board of Directors

On February 4 2012 the new Board of Directors took effect. In doing so we said farewell to three Directors: Kendra Shimmell, Joe Sokohl, and our out-going President, Janna DeVylder.

Joe Sokohl has served on the Board of Directors for the past 2 years, filling roles in Communications and most recently as Secretary. He has worked energetically to engage with the broader UX community, strengthening our connections with other associations around the world.

1 Mar 2012 - 12:59pm
oozcan
1 Mar 2012 - 11:44am
cgpryor

What are the best introductory / onboarding processes for first time users that you've seen on social media sites?

Can anyone recommend social media sites that do a particularly great job with their first time user introductory / onboarding process?

1 Mar 2012 - 11:32am
2 years ago
1 reply
Cwodtke

Boxes and Arrows Turns Ten!

I almost fell over backwards when Austin Govella pointed out to me Boxes and Arrows is turning ten years old next month!

1 Mar 2012 - 9:33am
William Hudson

March Update - Agile, UX, UCD and IA Training Courses in London, Brussels and Texas

(Apologies if you receive more than one of these.)

March Update – Agile, UX, UCD and IA Training Courses in London, Brussels and Texas

1 Mar 2012 - 8:29am
2 years ago
1 reply
carine.lallemand

Get involved in UX research! Online Survey (available in english, german or french)

Hi Everyone,

As part of my PhD thesis, I am collecting responses to a questionnaire survey on User eXperience. More than 100 Usability/UX researchers and practitioners have already been invited to perform this exercise and most of them agree on the fact that there is still a definite need for a standardized definition of the term UX.

By sharing your views on UX, your participation in this survey will help bringing the concept of UX to maturity. 

1 Mar 2012 - 7:43am
2 years ago
1 reply
Terms:
JeanneM

Changing Usernames

Hi all

Im an interaction/ux designer with a background in graphic design, so have limited technical knowledge when it comes to development. My client, who is a large website with alot of registered members, wants to know the best practise around allowing users to change their usernames. The reason is that their customers are complaining that their usernames are too long when they have to use touchscreens, when they were fine to type out on a keyboard, so want to be able to change their usernames.

Your comments would be much appreciated!

Jeanne