Discussion Archive: March 2012

5 Mar 2012 - 10:58am
Noreen Whysel

Call for paper proposals [IAI Research Grant 2012 / 2013]

The Information Architecture Institute (IAI) is calling for research proposal submissions for a USD $3000 grant, by the 15th of April 2012.

Topic & content

Applications should propose work that will forward the theory and practice of information architecture. This can include original research, a synthesis of existing research, the development of a new technique, method or tool, or something that could otherwise support the IA community of practice.

A successful grant project could:

5 Mar 2012 - 10:48am
+1
2 years ago
1 reply
matthewlarn

Free UX Printable Templates for iPhone 4s, iPad 2, and Safari 5

Some printable UX templates that I made over Christmas. I had the uistencils.com stencil and wanted an updated iphone template and ipad, too. 

Preview them here: http://dribbble.s3.amazonaws.com/users/12721/screenshots/413385/attachments/23704/wireframe-templates-01.png

Download the PDF & AI from my website: http://www.uxdoneright.com

5 Mar 2012 - 5:33am
+1
Alireza7Am

opportunities for a Software Engineer

Hi everyone!

I'm a student who is probably going for a Software Engineering BSc degree in the UK. All the universities that I have interest in, have some kind of focus on design and the creative parts.

But I'm wondering, because I'm sure I going to end up in the IxD/HCI field.
What i want to know is the following....

4 Mar 2012 - 9:08pm
2 years ago
3 replies
AW
3 Mar 2012 - 11:49am
cgoebel

A quick survey for designers

Hi Everyone! I am a student in the Design MBA program at CCA. I am in the throes of my final project. The project is focused on the inspiration that designers and creators use as part of their process.  I would really appreciate your help by completing a quick (10 min) online survey.

3 Mar 2012 - 2:13am
21 weeks ago
4 replies
yousefghandour

Facebook wall Vs Twitter Feed Vs Pintrest Board

Hello Guys, I know that each technique have its own purpose, but if you look at the three: FB wall, twittr feed, and Pintrest board, they have a common purpose such as:

curious0225

Which prototyping software is best for interactive prototypes? Axure, iRise ... other?

I want to find a great interactive prototyping tool.

Note that I said "interactive."  Interactive wireframes are fine; but static wireframes are not.

Clean, production-ready code is not necessary. I don't need collaboration or documentation features.  Flow diagrams are only a plus.

Which tools should I spend the time to research?  iRise?  Axure?  Others?

2 Mar 2012 - 4:20pm
Melissa Casburn

Boston staffing agencies for UX/IXD?

To those of you in Boston who work through staffing agencies: which ones do you prefer?

NOTE: This is not an invitation for recruiters to comment on their own companies. I'm specifically interested in hearing from the practitioners.

Thanks!

2 Mar 2012 - 12:20pm
2 years ago
6 replies
david.shaw6@gma...

Design Changing/Influencing Technology

Hey guys... I'm trying to do a little research on designs that have significantly influenced or changed technology.  So far I can think of the following:

Motorola Razr
iPhone/iPod (obviously, but would like non Apple examples if possbile)
Palm PDA

Love to hear what others people think and why/how it changed technology thinking.

Thanks in advance,
David