Discussion Archive: February 2012

8 Feb 2012 - 11:02am
tstutts

How did you first get into interaction design?

I recently wrote a post about how I became an application designer. Originally I worked as sound designer/ editor for games in Los Angeles, and had a need for tool to help my colleagues and I on job, that I managed to design and develop.

8 Feb 2012 - 10:44am
2 years ago
1 reply
chunky21

Axure training in NYC?

Help,

I need a Axure training resource for the group I work with in NYC, about 8 people. I think it would be best if it was on site, but remote training would be possible. We know how to use on a basic level, so an advanced customized curriculum would be great. 

Thanks in advance

6 Feb 2012 - 10:42pm
2 years ago
11 replies
savvy

A better name for "My Stuff"

we are working on a mobile app that incorporates easy access to personalized content. In that area you can find things like "my shortcuts", my bookmarks, my open cases, my alerts, etc. We are struggling to come up with a better label for the overall category than "My Stuff"- does anyone have any ideas?? ("favorites" doesn't accurately encompass all of the things you find there- and we need it to be broad enough to scale if and when other types of content are added in the section down the road.

6 Feb 2012 - 12:00pm
2 years ago
3 replies
skw

college course project ideas

Hi,

I am going to be teaching a class in Interaction Design for the first time, it’s an intro course to undergrad students. I just need to start building some lesson plans and project ideas and was wondering if anyone can give me some inspirations and ideas.

Thanks!

4 Feb 2012 - 7:07am
2 years ago
1 reply
IxDA Interactio...

Announcing the Winners of the 2012 Interaction Awards

We’re honored to announce our inaugural annual Interaction Award winners for 2012!

Dana Chisnell

How might we design an accessible election experience for everyone?

We are calling on everyone, including voters, non-voters, election
officials, people with disabilities, designers, engineers, and students, to

4 Feb 2012 - 2:46am
Dave Malouf

IxD12 Attendees: Today (Sat) @ Lunch, Education Topic Table

Sorry to do this for the folks not here.

For all attendees of interaction12 who are interested in discussing education, a special interest group topic table is happening TODAY (Saturday) at lunch.

Please meet in Meeting Room 2 as soon as lunch starts. Obviously, bring your food with you.

-- dave

3 Feb 2012 - 12:21am
2 years ago
3 replies
Terms:
Sachendra

Why doesn't iPhone Calendar have the "week" view?

Any ideas why iPhone calendar doesn't have "week" view. Apple is known for thier design prowess so they must have thought this through, I'm just curious. Could it be as simple as there's evidence that people don't use week view that much so it was dropped to conserve space.

2 Feb 2012 - 12:56pm
whitneyq

How might we design an accessible election experience for everyone?

We are calling on everyone, including voters, non-voters, election officials, people with disabilities, designers, engineers, and students, to help us make elections more accessible for everyone.