Discussion Archive: December 2011

13 Dec 2011 - 3:44pm
3 years ago
2 replies
Josevic

Become Interaction Designer with Computer Science background

Hello everybody,

I´ve found this site looking information in the internet about how to become an interaction designer or information architect. The truth is that I am not sure how to answer that question.

I have a computer science background and almost 4 years experience working as a software developer but lately I realized what I really love is this field and for me it´s being really difficult to move to it.

intdesign

IA Collaborative Wins Red Dot Design Award

Healthcare research and design so cool, you want a disease. Well, maybe not, but if I had to manage diabetes, this design from IA Collaborative would be the way to go. 

http://iacollaborative.com/case_studies/dibkit/

13 Dec 2011 - 8:43am
ssvikramuk

Interview Questions

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE

13 Dec 2011 - 12:10am
2 years ago
1 reply
Jack L. Moffett
12 Dec 2011 - 12:01pm
Adrian Howard

CFP: User Experience Stage @ Agile 2012

== INTERESTED IN DEFINING THE FUTURE OF UX? ==

We invite you to submit sessions to the User Experience Stage of the Agile 2012 conference (Dallas, Texas, Aug 13-17 2012). The 2012 conference theme is "advancing the state of the art".

User Experience practices have always helped agile teams discover, build and deliver the right product: putting the customer at the heart of every decision. The User Experience Stage at Agile 2012 is for anybody passionate about building products that truly delight their customers.

11 Dec 2011 - 3:33pm
Terms:
Jay Rogers

Sydney IxDA Chapter Launch Event

Hey designers, a final reminder of the Sydney IxDA initial meeting tomorrow (Tuesday) night at Atlassian HQ on Sussex Street.

RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/ixda-sydney

11 Dec 2011 - 2:00pm
marcintreder

Is paper prototyping still on the top?

Hi guys,

I think I've read it in Carolyn Snyder book, or Todd Zaki Warfel, that most common method of prototyping user interfaces is paper prototyping (according to some survey). Do you think it's still true? Do you paper prototype every of yours projects? How do you deliver your design to client or developers?

Personally I don't have constant workflow. Some projects starts with whiteboard, some with paper. Usually I continue my work in wireframing app creating documentation that communicate the design properly.

10 Dec 2011 - 1:35pm
Brian Sullivan

Let's Help Out Keith Anderson (IXDA Chapter Lead in Dallas)

Keith Anderson is the chapter leader of IXDA in Dallas.  He has been a key organizer of the Big Design Conference for the past three years.  He is also actively involved in the local chapter of the Society for Technical Communication in Dallas, too.  Keith loves beer, heavy metal music, writing, organizing, solicalizing, and social media.  

8 Dec 2011 - 3:14pm
3 years ago
11 replies
DrWex

Is there a better way to input one of many similar values?

text string. The values for these strings are quite similar; ABCDEF1, ABCDEF2, etc. Our present solution is an autocomplete widget that gives suggestions as the user types. If you type A it may suggest AB, AC, AD, AD1, and so on. Each letter typed narrows the selection.

This works very well for both sparse and normal distributions of input strings.

8 Dec 2011 - 4:35am
Terms:
William Hudson

Participants needed for quick card sort - USD $50 Amazon Voucher Draw

(Apologies if you receive more than one of these.)

Some of you did a card sort for me a couple of months back. The results have been used in an article that is currently with the editor, so hopefully it will be available early next year.