11 Jun 2011 - 7:21am
Erik Stolterman
11 Jun 2011 - 1:54am
3 years ago
5 replies
Michelle Bacigalupi

Best Practices for Account Creation

Hi,

I've looked on UI Patterns and haven't found examples of the pages to create a new account. The flow steps I currently have is for the new customer to enter basic contact information and then navigate to a second page to enter credit card information - with the option of using the information from the contact page. I am being 'pushed' to combine the contact info. with the credit card info. in the hopes of a higher conversion rate. It will make for a very long page which is a poor experience. Ideally, we'll do some A/B testing but we need to get out the door first.

10 Jun 2011 - 3:31pm
3 years ago
1 reply
Terms:
Karen Lindemann

Color and Usability / User Experience

Hi,

I'm looking for a study or guidelines about how to use color to enhance the usability of a website or an application. For example: Is there a color for the call to action button which is the most recommendable? Is there anything regarding colors would should to avoid? What would you tell somebody who wants to know which influence has color for the usability of a website?

I would very much appreciate your input to these questions.

Thanks and best greetings, Karen

10 Jun 2011 - 6:58am
Mike Myles

New design/development process article published on UXMatters.com

I coauthored an article on using a Knowledge / Importance Matrix that was published yesterday on UXMatters.com (link to article)

Ali Naqvi

Post Service offering services via mobile phones

Hello members,

a postal service company wants to offer their services via the mobile phone. 

Could you inform me of postal services that have an excellent user experience for their products on mobile phones? 

Ali

10 Jun 2011 - 1:55am
3 years ago
10 replies
Zelbinian

Need advice on an unorthodox methodology

So, I'm doing a brief contract for a rather large, multinational software company located near Seattle (ahem) and I've been asked to critique a methodology I've never come across before. Clearly it's been put together on the fly a la MacGyver invention, and I'm not entirely sure it'll get the results they think it will, so I figured I'd ask more knowledgeable folk. The methodology is something of a cross between a focus group (ugh) and a feature presentation. They're calling it a Concept Verification Test, and the sessions will go something like this:

9 Jun 2011 - 6:47pm
Peter Henderson...

Steve Jobs and design

Hey folks -

I'm a reporter at Reuters, I like design, and I'm doing a story about Steve Jobs, Apple and design. My two main questions are 'how do they do it so well?' and 'how do they manage to ship when their sites are so high?' Please drop me an email if you have insite and would like to talk. I'm also interested to watch discussion on this board. My email is peter.henderson@thomsonreuters.com.

Thanks -

9 Jun 2011 - 3:34pm
Jan Jursa

[Iai-Members] eBook: UX Storytellers (Kindle Edition)

UX Storytellers eBook - get the FREE pdf version here: http://bit.ly/UXStorytellers
... and now on your Kindle (Amazon Kindle, Kindle for iPhone, Kindle for Android)

9 Jun 2011 - 11:14am
3 years ago
8 replies
david.shaw6@gma...

Success Metrics for UX

Hey everyone... I was just asked by someone if there are examples of success metrics that we (UX/IxDers) use to validate that our design was "successful".  I had a long discussion because this is so subjective.  How do you measure what one person considers successful while another may not.  So what I am looking for really is if there are any examples that people have used before to appease the biz teams.  Maybe it's as simple as a checklist with criteria that states "person uses product without throwing out the window."

8 Jun 2011 - 1:11pm
3 years ago
2 replies
LFrancis

Personas for the Planet....Discuss.

what if we started a movement that created personas representing the earth and workers and recommended incorporating these personas into all our designs especially when they are for industrial or social organizations? Maybe we could launch the concept on Earth Day...and as a best practice, us, as practitioners, could introduce the concept and start making a difference...just a thought that occurred to me as I was biking to work this morning...