Discussion Archive: June 2011

30 Jun 2011 - 8:10am
3 years ago
2 replies
annebowser

Looking for professionals to participate in a project on HCI Education needs

Hi,

I'm a student research assistant with ACM SigCHI doing a project on HCI Education needs.  While I'm almost done with the first stage of my research, I'm lacking the perspectives of Interaction designers and other professionals.  If you are working in HCI/ Interaction Design, I would love to pick you brain in a brief (30 minute) interview through Skype or over the phone.  Please shoot me an email if interested.  Thanks! 

30 Jun 2011 - 4:40am
3 years ago
4 replies
uxbram

Livestreaming my UX research

Hi there!

I want to start UX research sessions on a mac, using Silverback. Is there any way of livestreaming these sessions to my collegues? Do I need seperate software to do this and if so, what software?

Has anybody got any experience with ScreenFlow?

Then, I want to do the same kind of research (screen capturing, video, audio & streaming) on a windows based laptop. Is there any relatively cheap windows equivalent? I've heard of Morae, but licenses for the Observer tool are far too expensive.

29 Jun 2011 - 12:06pm
2 weeks ago
3 replies
tonyzeoli

Onboarding process for SoundCloud

Hi everyone:

I'm working on an analysis of the onboarding/sign-up process for music sites like SoundCloud, for a research project on user adoption of social music tools. I'd love to get some feedback from the community on the pros/cons of sign-up? Does it work already? How could this be improved? Your thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

Tony Zeoli

29 Jun 2011 - 11:08am
Sunny Medwed

Updated email address for Sunny

Hi there,
As of tomorrow I will no longer be using sunny@solve360.com. Please update your contact info to include my new email address:

sunny@cloverlife.ca

Thank you!
Sunny

28 Jun 2011 - 5:30am
2 years ago
3 replies
Al McFarland

Remote participatory design

I am looking to conduct a series of requirements discovery exercises and would like to use a "team" participatory design approach.  The catch is that these exercises must be conducted remotely.

After doing a little research on the web, seems that any kind of software tool or integrated tools (e.g., card sorting) can handle only one participant at a time, and there is no provision for the participant to create their own sort items, or ability to create an arbitrary oranization of card objects on the UI screen surface.

27 Jun 2011 - 9:24pm
3 years ago
14 replies
aronoff

At a crossroads

I'm at a point in my life where I know I want to do ux design after doing web design for so long an then reading about usability testing etc 6 years ago. But my issue is I'm tired of working for orgs who say they care about their customer but don't do testing to even know what their customers want from them. So, do you guys know of places in Pittsburgh that focus on hcd and value it for themselves and their clients? I'm kind of fed up with working for people who don't get it.
27 Jun 2011 - 1:47pm
3 years ago
1 reply
Terms:
Lnajera

iRise Use and Process

I would like to get some input and feedback from anyone who has had professional experience using iRise, a prototyping and visualization tool. I would especially love to hear feedback in response to the following questions:

eduiconf

edUi 2011 Conference Proposal Deadline - June 30

If any IxDA folks are still thinking about submitting a proposal to speak at edUi 2011 remember the deadline is Thursday June 30th.

edUi is a conference on web design/development and user interface and user experience design for colleges, universities, museums and libraries.  Speakers attend for free!

2011 Headliners:

26 Jun 2011 - 2:26am
3 years ago
3 replies
bart100

software tools/skills for these concept videos!!

Hi there ixdesigners! I was recently asked to work on a video project along the line of these amazing works:

25 Jun 2011 - 1:32pm
1 year ago
1 reply
jstanford