2 years ago
4 replies
Terms:
motley
24 Mar 2011 - 8:17am
13 weeks ago
3 replies
patrickhere

Any recommendations for Freelance Researchers / UX Designers for Singapore?

Hi,

My US-based UX Consulting firm is looking for experienced UX Consultants based in Singapore for an international user research project.

We prefer to use talented local freelancers (not established UX Firms).

Pl recommend.

If there are any UX folks on the list, pl contact me directly.

Best,
Pat

"Not sure why some people are afraid of the new ideas, I am afraid of the old ones."

23 Mar 2011 - 12:39pm
3 years ago
4 replies
kimberly j.

Senior Visual Designer who wants to add IxD skills

I'm a senior Visual & Interface Designer who would like some advice on how to add the skills for Interaction Design & Usability to my repertoire.

22 Mar 2011 - 10:20am
3 years ago
1 reply
allgood85

Try out my Experience Design Ideation Tool!

Hello fellow designers, 

I am in the final semester of my Master's program at Indiana University in Human Computer Interaction Design. As part of my thesis, I have developed an ideation tool to help with that elusive quality of experience. 

Any designers that are in the ideation phase of a project, please try out this tool! 

http://www.allgood-design.com/source/tags.htm

21 Mar 2011 - 11:43pm
3 years ago
6 replies
dotdesign

Difference between advanced search and advanced filters

What is the difference between Advanced Search and Advanced Filters.
It seems to me that Both are Refining the Search Results.

21 Mar 2011 - 4:53am
Jim Kalbach

Call for Participation: Euro HCIR Workshop in UK, July 4, 2011

1st European Workshop on Human-Computer Interaction and Information Retrieval

20 Mar 2011 - 10:49pm
3 years ago
2 replies
C K Vijay Bhaskar

Usability of Usability

Usability is an important aspect to be looked at for making any system achieve its ROI and to give its users an ‘experience’ that will help foster a better culture in the organization. As the ultimate target of any system is to establish change management and to promote organizational innovation via modifying the behaviour or culture of the people in the organization, it becomes imperative that aspects of usability are engrained into the goals and processes of the organization. 

20 Mar 2011 - 8:16pm
Terms:
Elana Glazer

Mobile app with Video?

Can anyone suggest good iPhone (or iPad or any mobile) apps with video - ideally instructional video.

Jamie Oliver's 20 Minute Meals is a good example, or Nike Women Training Club.

Thanks!

20 Mar 2011 - 5:10pm
3 years ago
2 replies
Blues

HCI Grad School Right Out of Undergrad?

Hi all,

I'd like some advice on my current situation. I'm about to graduate from undergrad with a BS in Computer Science this year, and I've been accepted at Michigan and Indiana for their HCI Masters programs. I've been interested for several years in UX, IxD, usability, etc, and I really think I'd be happy working in the field.