Discussion Archive: March 2011

zicogja421

HCI Masters Programs: Georgia Tech v. Indiana Purdue v. Indiana Bloomington

Hello everyone. I am a soon-to-be HCI graduate student who is looking for some input and comments about certain M.S. in HCI programs that I have been accepted into. Before I talk about the schools, let me say a few things about my intended career path.

31 Mar 2011 - 11:33am
kabe001

Persona Driven Use Cases

Does anyone have good examples for persona driven use cases or use scenarios? Ideally formats, data elements, etc. that should be included.

thanks.

31 Mar 2011 - 3:17am
3 years ago
1 reply
Sean Pook

2011 User Experience Salary Survey

I see there are already a lot of threads pointing to UX salary surveys. I have tried a few and either the links don't exist anymore or the data is very old.

I'd like to offer you a picture of salaries in London as they stand, and I hope people could do the same for Cities across the US. Of particular interest is New York, San Francisco and LA.

London:

30 Mar 2011 - 4:58pm
3 years ago
2 replies
david.shaw6@gma...

Complex System Storyboard Inspiration

Hey all,

I'm trying to visualize a pretty complex interaction with a system of devices and was wondering whether there were any good visual examples out there.  At a high level, I'm looking to storyboard the interactions of the system from beginning to end. This system has multiple users who are using multiple devices (think smartphone, tablet, etc).  Unfortunately can't get into details, but I'm looking for ways that people have solved this visualization problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
David

30 Mar 2011 - 1:59pm
Jim Kalbach

[EVENT] Early Bird Expires: UX Workshops in Sydney (28-29 April 2011) with James Kalbach

The early bird for my workshops in Sydney expires in 2 days (Saturday, April 2). See details below.

Thanks,

30 Mar 2011 - 12:55pm
+1
Terms:
Lalao

If you had to pick only one, in your opinion what website would represent the current top notch of both interaction and visual finesse?

Please take sides and above all explain why you picked that particular one.

30 Mar 2011 - 11:43am
3 years ago
3 replies
Sean Pook

Best source for graphic design talent?

I have good links with talented UI designers, but for pure unadulterated graphic design brilliance, I am a little short.

Is there a website where some of these pixel gurus live and show their work? UK specific would be good, but not essential.

Cheers.

30 Mar 2011 - 11:35am
3 years ago
8 replies
Sean Pook

User Experience introductory videos

Hi all,

Can anyone suggest an online video introducing user experience and its many components?

Thanks,

Sean

30 Mar 2011 - 9:23am
3 years ago
2 replies
Debra Herschmann5

Good sources for online UX training material that can be purchased?

I'm interested in finding good virtual training material that can be purchased and used in house by a large organization of technologists. We've been using the virtual seminars from UIE and like them very much. Can anyone point me to other material? Thanks,

Debra

30 Mar 2011 - 2:07am
alie rose

CIID Interaction Design Programme & Summer School

Copenhagen Institute of Interaction Design is currently accepting applications for their one-year Interaction Design Programme (entry Jan 2012) and a 3-week summer school (July 2011).

Interaction Design Programme

Curious and creative? Enthusiastic about design and working in a cross-disciplinary environment? Interested in the connections between education and interaction design practice?