Discussion Archive: December 2010

30 Dec 2010 - 11:32pm
putorti

Looking for startup-minded designers!

Hi everyone,

We're closing in on 300 pitches over at elegant.ly — and we simply do not have enough talent to match them up with companies. We need top tier designers, like you, to apply. The need is especially dire in San Francisco / Silicon Valley but we have pitches all over, including Austin, Boston, Los Angeles, Seattle, and even places like Barcelona, London, Brazil, Israel, etc.

30 Dec 2010 - 9:36am
Leisa Reichelt

UK UX Freelancers Rate Review 2010 – Report

Many thanks to everyone who helped us pass our participation target on the recent UK UX Freelancers Rate Review survey
I've now published a report of the data gathered here:http://www.disambiguity.com/2010ratereview-ukuxfreelancers/

29 Dec 2010 - 6:06pm
3 years ago
4 replies
aZippel4iD

Is the browsers back button our report card showing an F (most cases)?

To put it simply (and a bit overly simplified), if a user clicks on the browsers back button I think the website navigation has suffered a catastrophic failure (in most cases). Why? Apart from user preference/habit (most cases) the user was forced to end their engagement with the website and engage the browser. Is the browsers back button our report card showing an F (most cases)?

27 Dec 2010 - 11:35am
+2
3 years ago
10 replies
Terms:
Dave Malouf

What should IxDA be when it grows up?

I posted the below on Quora (since many feel it is a better system; I suggest you take a look): http://qr.ae/GROK

25 Dec 2010 - 3:26pm
3 years ago
1 reply
muaddib86
23 Dec 2010 - 1:37pm
3 years ago
1 reply
Erin Myers
23 Dec 2010 - 8:06am
3 years ago
8 replies
Terms:
Matt Nish-Lapidus

Update on Spam problems

Hi Everybody,

While we're working on a moderation solution for the spam on the list, the problem seems to be getting worse.

As a temporary solution we have disabled discussion thread creation for new users.

As of now all new users who have not been approved by a moderator cannot start new discussion threads. New users can still comment/respond to existing threads, and those comments will go into the moderation queue until that user has been approved.

22 Dec 2010 - 6:10pm
3 years ago
7 replies
Bruce Melendy

Severity/Priority criteria for UX/usability issues

Hi all,

We have a set of standard criteria for classifying the severity of an issue, eg for 'major' or 'sev-2':

The Application, or an essential part of it, is not working or working with reduced functionality.  However, the error is not seriously impacting the business because there is a practical bypass.  For example:

22 Dec 2010 - 4:17pm
3 years ago
3 replies
aZippel4iD

Best way to show "find the office nearest to you" on an INTERNATIONAL scale

I need to develop a process for customers to find the “office nearest them” on an INTERNATIONAL SCALE. Our team is talking about the differences between using a graphic map or a text list. Has anyone wrestled with this alligator before or seen any parallels this project has with other functionality that we could look at? Thank you for any help, insight or humor you are able to offer.
22 Dec 2010 - 7:22am
+1
3 years ago
23 replies
Ali Naqvi

Usability disagreement within a team

Hello people,

I've been assigned to usability test a portal. Unfortunately I can only test the portal based on Usability heuristics at the moment. (And only SOME pages of the portal)

To my surprise, the portal lack basic usability principle such as a hover effect/mouse-over effect.

The graphic designer and I both mentioned this to the rest of the team (programmer, business expert and the project leader)