Discussion Archive: November 2010

11 Nov 2010 - 4:58pm
Mark Richman

Accessibility, AJAX, and ARIA

Hi all,

We are designing a web-based call center application which will feature a lot of dynamic behavior, and very little page-to-page branching. As a matter of fact, since this will be developed using Google Web Tools, it may wind up being a single-page application, where all changes to the display are dynamic.

11 Nov 2010 - 5:15am
3 years ago
6 replies
Andy Bright

Change blindness citation

Hi,

I'm looking for a citation relating to change blindness. Specifically, on the case of change blindness being exacerbated by a pause between the states of change.

I seem to recall reading about an experiment where participants were shown a photograph and asked to identify when they perceived that something had changed and then explain the change.

10 Nov 2010 - 9:43pm
eliannaj

Re: [IxDA] Usability Test Participants

love this blog which is devoted to baking. http://janessweets.blogspot.com/have you tried enlisting the aid of baking bloggers in your area?

10 Nov 2010 - 2:57pm
bojcampbell

Seeking Help System Research/Info

I am looking for ammo (empiricial data) in the war to slim down our help system so that it is more usable and efficient. The ultimate goal is obviously to eliminate the need for direct contact with account representatives for things that can be easily answered online. I would greatly appreciate any studies, links, articles, etc., that address this issue. (E.g., how long will a user stay in a help system before giving up).

Any info at all on this subject is greatly appreciated.

10 Nov 2010 - 10:58am
3 years ago
2 replies
Jiri Jerabek

Looking for A/B Online Testing Tool advice

Hi everyone,

could anyone recommend me a good on-line tool for (probably crowdsourced) A/B testing?

I need to A/B test some design mock ups (not coded pages) and all tools I found so far provide rather testing of the coded pages.

Thanks for any ideas :)

Jiri

10 Nov 2010 - 12:24am
abbyG

New RRS tool

We have made a useful tool for helping those who need SEO content for their sidebars. Here is a tool that will auto create an RSS feed of relevant content on any search term. The data is pulled from the major search engines real time and is cached for about 15 minutes then updates.

10 Nov 2010 - 12:15am
3 years ago
8 replies
interactive fiction

Hello, new to IxDA

Hi folks!  I signed up recently and wanted to get acquainted with the members here. I work in the marketing dept. of my company, and the manager asked me to look into anything that could help me develop Web skills for web development marketing (social networking, "Web 2.0", etc).

9 Nov 2010 - 11:40pm
3 years ago
9 replies
NickHB

Usability Test Participants

I'm working on a website redesign for a small baking company and am looking for participants for a usability test I'm administering this weekend.  I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good website or two where I could post an ad in order to find some people.

9 Nov 2010 - 11:02pm
mak2k

interaction design training in Montreal?

Hi all,

I have been scouring these forums for a few days looking for school/training to start a career in interaction design. I graduated from a computer science degree and have been working as a developer (web, app you name it) for the past 5 years. From all the threads I found, there seems to be only three schools that offers a graduate program in that field: University of Toronto, Carleton University and Simon Frasier University. Are there any schools (like centre NAD) where I can get some training?