Discussion Archive: November 2010

30 Nov 2010 - 7:31pm
3 years ago
9 replies
rkeeves

Top Interaction Design Firms

Hi, I'm looking for a shortlist of the best design firms that have significant experience with interaction design for hand held devices.  If someone could point me in the direction of an existing thread or provide a list I would highly appreciate it.  

Thanks,
Richard

30 Nov 2010 - 6:59pm
Terms:
Maurice

30 Nov 2010 - 3:12pm
3 years ago
6 replies
Marcus Coghlan

Selection dependent input fields with multiple-select at any level

Hi. I'm looking for some examples of selection dependent inputs (selection of an option from one list determines the list of options made availablein the next list - I.e. region --> country) that allow multiple selections at any level of the hierarchy. For example, a user could select "oceania" from the region list and have all the countries in oceania appear in the countries list, or they could select "oceania" and "asia" from the region list and have the country list populate with all the countries from oceania AND asia. Has anyone seen examples of this pattern? Thanks, Marcus
30 Nov 2010 - 3:01pm
3 years ago
4 replies
shilpi seth

Designing signage - Universal Design

Hello all ,

I am under the process of designing signages keeping Universal design fundamentals.If anyboby is having any material or links regarding the same please share it , it will be of great use in my research .

30 Nov 2010 - 1:03pm
Terms:
kabe001

LifeRay Enterprise Portal UX Flexibility?

Anyone have any experience working with LifeRay for an enterprise portal solution--particularly interested in the UX impact point of view? I've been tasked with devising an enterprise portal solution for a media company and need to assess the pros/cons of going with an out-of-the-box versus custom solution.

Other recommendations for Portal designs always welcome. 

Thanks!

Kaleb

30 Nov 2010 - 1:03pm
3 years ago
3 replies
Terms:
kabe001

LifeRay Enterprise Portal UX Flexibility?

Anyone have any experience working with LifeRay for an enterprise portal solution--particularly interested in the UX impact point of view? I've been tasked with devising an enterprise portal solution for a media company and need to assess the pros/cons of going with an out-of-the-box versus custom solution.

Other recommendations for Portal designs always welcome. 

Thanks!

Kaleb

30 Nov 2010 - 9:49am
Anjali Arora, NYU

How to organize content to support deep faceted classification

Hi,

I am working on a web app that requires each content item to be available along several facets. For example, food constitutes part of our content, & we'd like to capture & organize our Recipes along facets like ingredients (all ingredients must be included), cooking method, prep time etc. We have a pool of content already, but this will need to be mined to match our current needs as described above.

I am looking for pointers about effectively doing this in an agile environment.

30 Nov 2010 - 9:10am
Louis Rosenfeld
30 Nov 2010 - 7:51am
William Hudson

December Update - UxFest London (7-10 Feb) and other UX/UCD Training

(Apologies for any duplication)

James Kalbach, the author of O'Reilly's Designing Web Navigation, is joining me in presenting four days of cutting-edge courses on UX, UCD and IA in London, starting 7 February.

The courses are: Mon Dynamic User Experience: Ajax Design & Usability (WH) Tue Agile UX & UCD (WH) Wed Designing Web Navigation (JK) Thu Faceted Search & Beyond (JK)

Early bird rates run until 7 January and there are substantial discounts for booking three or more places.

30 Nov 2010 - 12:35am
Christopher Rider

[EVENT] [IxDA Los Angeles] The UX Social for Social Good, Thursday Dec. 2 in Little Tokyo

We've been talking about this for a long time, but we're finally doing it. A social meetup for the UX community. No speakers, just a bunch of friendly, like-minded people to chat with. Need a better reason to get out of the house? We'll be showcasing projects that focus on social good being done here in LA.

This Thursday, December 2 at 7PM