Discussion Archive: October 2010

9 Oct 2010 - 1:04am
muaddib86
8 Oct 2010 - 4:40pm
4 years ago
1 reply
Marcy Jacobs

examples of top filters

Hi All, I need some examples for data heavy screens with many many columns with multiple filters across the top of the screen. thanks much, Marcy

8 Oct 2010 - 4:26pm
cfmdesigns

Re: [IxDA] Re: [IxDA] HTML 5 Design and Development Rock Stars Wanted!

Everyone aspires above their station (or should!). Most everyone exaggerates a big to seem worthy of that. Employers know this.

If most people exaggerate some, they can't tell that you don't. So if the roadies describe themselves as rock stars, what are they supposed to think a self-described roadie actually is?

8 Oct 2010 - 2:03pm
4 years ago
1 reply
bitpakkit

Re: [IxDA] Re: [IxDA] HTML 5 Design and Development Rock Stars Wanted!

Amen

On 10-10-08 2:16 PM, "David Shaw" wrote:

> Now THIS really makes my Friday. XD > > On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 8:35 AM, DrWex wrote: > >> Excuse me, as it is Friday and I must rant >> >> On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 10:20 AM, eloehfelm >> wrote: >>> Job title: HTML 5 Design and Development Rock Stars Wanted! >>> Date posted: October 8, 2010 - 9:05am Location: San Francisco, CA United >> States >>> Employer:  Universal Mind From a recruiter: >> >> I am not a rock star. Rock stars are temperamental and moody.

8 Oct 2010 - 12:59pm
4 years ago
2 replies
Bill Barranco

Re: [IxDA] Question about US style UX Resumes compared with the UK

Sean, This is common in not only your field, but other fields as well. It is not uncommon for Candidates to try to "pump" their credentials. I just see this as a red flag, one of dishonestly and arrogance

Bill Barranco

On 10/8/10 1:28 AM, "Sean Pook" wrote:

> Hi all, > > I'm very familiar with UK style CVs/Resumes. I've read enough of them over > the past 4 years or so. > > You may have noticed I'm making forays into the US UX market and I have > noticed some sizable differences in the way people present themselves.

8 Oct 2010 - 9:50am
3 years ago
11 replies
DrWex

Re: [IxDA] HTML 5 Design and Development Rock Stars Wanted!

Excuse me, as it is Friday and I must rant

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 10:20 AM, eloehfelm wrote: > Job title: HTML 5 Design and Development Rock Stars Wanted! > Date posted: October 8, 2010 - 9:05am Location: San Francisco, CA United States > Employer:  Universal Mind From a recruiter:

I am not a rock star. Rock stars are temperamental and moody. Rock stars demand that things be Just So and force you to adhere to their demands and their schedules.

Me? I'm the guy you go to in order to get stuff done.

8 Oct 2010 - 2:53am
4 years ago
1 reply
Sean Pook

Question about US style UX Resumes compared with the UK

Hi all,

I'm very familiar with UK style CVs/Resumes. I've read enough of them over the past 4 years or so.

You may have noticed I'm making forays into the US UX market and I have noticed some sizable differences in the way people present themselves. Something I noticed:

7 Oct 2010 - 10:25pm
4 years ago
1 reply
Loc Ngo

Contextual Menus - Best Practices

Hey all,  what are some of the better implementation of contextual tools you've used or seen?  Here's an example http://screencast.com/t/IKNENcUdm ,  I'm gathering a list of ideas and best practices.   Much appreciated.

7 Oct 2010 - 10:04pm
NYC IxDA
pooyaj

Research participants with familiarity with Heuristic Evaluation needed

LERSSE (Laboratory for Education and Research in Secure Systems Engineering) at the University of British Columbia is conducting a research project to evaluate the use of heuristic evaluation for usability evaluation of IT security management tools. This research requires volunteers with familiarity with heuristic evaluation to perform heuristic evaluation on an IT security management tool. You will need to participate either in person or remotely in a 4 hour session.