Discussion Archive: September 2010

20 Sep 2010 - 2:36pm
4 years ago
10 replies
ErikH

Suggest mac software for video recording in usability lab

Hi,

I'm working as a research assistant at a Swedish university and we're currently rebuilding our user experience lab. One of the problems we see with the lab is that it's way too complicated to do testing.

eduiconf

edUi 2010 Conference

Join us in Charlottesville, VA this November for a unique conference on web design, user interface, user experience design and development for web professionals serving institutions of learning. IXDA members can save $100 off registration!

20 Sep 2010 - 10:06am
4 years ago
2 replies
Terms:
Sean Pook

London design agencies with strong Silverlight experience

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a London-based design/build agency that has a strong track record working with Silverlight in particular?

Cheers,

Sean Pook

20 Sep 2010 - 4:26am
William Hudson

IxDA Event and Tutorial in Hamburg

I'm giving a talk on the psychology of nerdiness and its impact on user-centred design in Hamburg on 4 November (evening), followed by a full day tutorial on Agile User Experience & UCD on the 5th. The common topic for both is that there are many factors that affect our ability to sell user experience and user-centred design into technology-driven teams and organisations, one of them being the psychological make-up of technologists themselves.

Full details of the Hamburg IxDA talk are below.

20 Sep 2010 - 2:33am
Sylvie DAUMAL
19 Sep 2010 - 7:49pm
hilhorst

Re: [IxDA] Re: [IxDA] Capitalization in username

thanks all for the replies...

verdict (of sorts):

• don't enforce capitalization on sign in
  • (in display) maintain original capitalization used during sign up

Quoting DrWex :

> On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 4:31 PM, hilhorst wrote: > > We're currently having a debate around capitalization in usernames (not > > display names). > > I think the best policy is the one originally prescribed for browsers > in dealing with HTML: Be generous in what you accept; be strict in > what you emit. > > That is, the site should consistently capitalize (or not) names, b

19 Sep 2010 - 3:16pm
Brian Forte

[IxDA] Re: [IxDA] Capitalization in username

Gentlefolk,

>>We're currently having a debate around capitalization in usernames (not >>display names). > >I think the best policy is the one originally prescribed for browsers >in dealing with HTML: Be generous in what you accept; be strict in >what you emit.

Although Berners-Lee did include this notion in his [Axioms of Web architecture][0], the Robustness Principle is a lot older than HTML.

It's commonly credited to [Jon Postel's][1] 1980 RFC on the Transmission Control Protocol: [RFC 761][2].

19 Sep 2010 - 2:32pm
okosoft

Eye Tracking for everyone

Dear friends!
I have received the eye tracker. And I am very happy to offer to you to do eye tracking research for your website or printed images.
I will do them for free for you.
If you want to test your websites or printed pictures, fill up the form at www.eyetracking.ws - I will send eye tracking report to your email.

---
Andrei Maltsev
okosoft@gmail.com

19 Sep 2010 - 6:46am
DrWex

Re: [IxDA] Capitalization in username

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 4:31 PM, hilhorst wrote: > We're currently having a debate around capitalization in usernames (not > display names).

I think the best policy is the one originally prescribed for browsers in dealing with HTML: Be generous in what you accept; be strict in what you emit.

That is, the site should consistently capitalize (or not) names, but allow people to enter them in a case-insensitive manner.

19 Sep 2010 - 2:58am
ekayed

a must have checkpoints

hey guys, been searching for a while and those are the best collection of checkpoints I could get , just thought to share it with you Cool.