Discussion Archive: September 2010

24 Sep 2010 - 4:33pm
+1
3 years ago
9 replies
Terms:
Dan Saffer

Essential IxD Articles and Essays

I’ve started a list of essays and articles that I feel are important touchstones and reference points for interaction designers. Over 50 in all, arranged chronologically:

Please feel free to suggest others.

Happy reading!

Dan

Dan Saffer Principal, Kicker Studio http://www.kickerstudio.com http://www.odannyboy.com

24 Sep 2010 - 4:08pm
+1
Terms:
uxmovement

Why You Should Always Annotate Your Wireframes

Annotating your wireframes are important and necessary for many reasons. This article explains why and offers a few best practices for annotating your wireframes.

Why You Should Always Annotate Your Wireframes

24 Sep 2010 - 10:52am
3 years ago
7 replies
gyrostu

Button placement on pages / windows.

There does not seem to be any one standard with the placement of buttons for windows and pages. According to the 'Apple Human Interface Guidelines' and the 'Windows User Experience Interaction Guidelines' , Windoze and Apple right-justify buttons on dialog windows. However their order is reversed.

24 Sep 2010 - 8:34am
3 years ago
1 reply
jalton

Re: [IxDA] How else can you say login and register

Devil's advocate: but language evolves. (Going to eat some pseudo-academic crow now...) Thank the lord for Daniel Webster - BUT appreciate the ability of language to adapt.

24 Sep 2010 - 5:03am
3 years ago
3 replies
Terms:
Patricep

How do you write the best urls ?

Hi, 

I realized that I neglected the writing of urls and its importance in the success of the interaction design and user experience (i'm embarassed Smile) . So i'd like to know how do you integrate this part in your thinking of design :

23 Sep 2010 - 5:38pm
jalton

Re: [IxDA] How else can you say login and register

Here's a starting point for just the right word: what are they trying to accomplish by registering? Or what do they knowingly gain by the act? ------Original Message------ From: sassiesg Sender: ixdaor@host.ixda.org To: John S. Alton ReplyTo: discuss@ixda.org Subject: [IxDA] How else can you say login and register Sent: Sep 23, 2010 5:26 PM

Hi,

Does anyone have any ideas of  what other terms to use for  registering and
logging in? I have subscribe (as they are subscribing for alerts )  and sign in 
instead of login.

23 Sep 2010 - 5:32pm
jalton

Re: [IxDA] RE: [IxDA] URGENT Openings with Design4User.com, Delhi

:) @scott how do I volunteer to moderate? no, seriously :D ------Original Message------ From: Scott McDaniel Sender: ixdaor@host.ixda.org To: John S. Alton ReplyTo: discuss@ixda.org Subject: Re: [IxDA] RE: [IxDA] URGENT Openings with Design4User.com, Delhi Sent: Sep 23, 2010 5:26 PM

It's very kind of the new volunteers to moderate the list for their judgement of bloviating pseudo-academics for the rest of us.

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 1:14 PM, terracemedia wrote: > Amen, esp.

23 Sep 2010 - 4:12pm
3 years ago
9 replies
sassiesg

How else can you say login and register

Hi,

Does anyone have any ideas of  what other terms to use for  registering and logging in?
I have subscribe (as they are subscribing for alerts )  and sign in  instead of login. Any other thoughts?

23 Sep 2010 - 3:09pm
3 years ago
1 reply
usabilitymedic

Re: [IxDA] Mobile Interaction Designer (Contract)

Dear Jim,

I am intrigued by this opportunity but have a few questions.

1) How long is the contract expected to last? 2) Is it anticipated to be a full 40 hours per week? 3) Can portions of the work be done off-site? (I am in NY and can be on-site for meetings but usually do most of my work off-site.)

Thank you.

Sincerely, Maureen Murphy President

23 Sep 2010 - 2:56pm
Richard Carson

Re: [IxDA] Re: [IxDA] Depicting Your Personas

I just wanted to add another good reason to avoid photos is that it avoids creating stereotypes, in order to create a more effective persona.