Discussion Archive: September 2010

2 Sep 2010 - 10:30am
dantemurphy

Congratulations to...

...anyone?

I know the rejection letters are out...who had a session accepted for #ixd11?  I want to be happy for someone, instead of just sad for myself.

2 Sep 2010 - 3:46am
4 years ago
2 replies
Andrew Thelwell

HFI Training Courses (particularly "Design for the Big")

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has been on any training courses run by HFI (Human Factors International) and whether they were any good? I'm particularly interested in the upcoming 'Design for the Big' course. However, with limited training budget and time, I need to be pretty sure of the quality before making the commitment.

Have you been on an HFI training course? If so, which one? Anyone been on the 'Design for the Big' course? Was it any good?

Any insights greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

AT

2 Sep 2010 - 2:45am
MariahA

Debate launces because of latest Medal of Honor video game

The video game series "Medal of Honor" has been in need of a reboot after a successful run. Nevertheless, the newest video game in the series has ignited some fiery debate. The games are set in World War II, as a first person shooter. This could be the first not set in that war. Though not new to video games as a whole, the new "Medal of Honor" is set in Afghanistan. In multi-player mode, gamers can be either coalition forces (United States of America, U.K., etc.) or the Taliban in "Medal of Honor 2010." The video game is opposed through numerous.

2 Sep 2010 - 2:40am
4 years ago
1 reply
tnarayan

Institute to do HCI degree in India

Hi All

I am from India. Can anyone guide or suggest me a good institute to do a HCI degree course in INDIA /Singapore/ Malaysia.

Narayanan

1 Sep 2010 - 9:16pm
4 years ago
1 reply
Neil Lee

Re: [IxDA] Axure... Thoughts?

In a similar thread, a new Mac OS X native application called Antetype just started beta testing. From their site[1]:

"ANTETYPE is a brand new, ground-breaking design application that supports user interface designers at every step of their work. Design beautiful interfaces, invent new widgets, style them and put it all together in an interactive prototype!"

I haven't had much time to kick the tires yet, so I'll hold my thoughts for now.

1 Sep 2010 - 6:07pm
Joe Ortenzi

Looking for great examples for a booking system

My colleague is looking for great UX examples of a booking system. Any one care to share great appointment booking experiences? perferably ones that allow booking before membership but if you feel like sending scrteengrabs, that's great too!

Appreciate it very much, thanks!

Joe

1 Sep 2010 - 4:29pm
+1
4 years ago
3 replies
uxmovement

Why Users Fill Out Forms Faster With Top Aligned Labels

We've all wondered why top aligned labels perform better. This article explains and illustrates why. What has your experience been?

Read the article: Why Users Fill Out Forms Faster With Top Aligned Labels

1 Sep 2010 - 1:42pm
Josh Damon Williams

Lisa Strausfeld joins the Interaction11 roster

Hello,

The Interaction11 team pulled back the curtain another member of our keynote dreamteam today! We're pleased to announce that Lisa Strausfeld of Pentagram will be joining us the conference. With this latest announcement Jon Kolko and MJ Broadbent continue their theme of keynote awesomeness, as they handcraft a program for I11 that no one should miss.

You can read Jon Kolko's announcement here:
http://www.ixda.org/interaction/news/2010/09/announcing-keynote-lisa-strausfeld/

1 Sep 2010 - 1:12pm
4 years ago
27 replies
aronoff

Axure... Thoughts?

Im in a all day training session for Axure and I have to say, it's very fun. You guys use it? What are your initial thoughts on it?