Discussion Archive: August 2010

19 Aug 2010 - 11:34pm
Verne Lindner

Re: [IxDA] Freelance Web App UI designer with understanding of usability concepts

Here you go: Search should be in upper right - the three sections on dark grey are floating uncomfortably on nothing - interaction eleven graphic has white areas vanishing into background - type over image so date is hard to read - crappy type treatment - all type is too small - little corners by Are you new and Are you an old don't do anything (not buttons) and fail as section separators - ixda on twitter, etc. below the fold for no reason - you could easily have these moved up. - feedback tab makes no sense - it's way more prominent visually than anything else - Follow us...

19 Aug 2010 - 6:46pm
Hilary Bienstock

Re: [IxDA] Decrypt a forever neutral rating from a usability test

Although we frequently ask users to think aloud during usability testing, the main purpose is to observe what they are doing.  If you observed that he flawlessly completed all tasks, then obviously the site was usable for him.  He won't help you get at thinks like satisfaction and emotional affect, but you can certainly comment on what you observed him doing -- and this should probably be your main focus of testing anyway, since users ca

19 Aug 2010 - 5:42pm
Jessica Petersen

SXSW Panel: UX Feedback Through Social Media

SXSW Panel: UX Feedback Through Social Media

shameless plug

If this is a topic which is of interest to you, please vote for my panel through the SXSW Panel Picker at:
http://panelpicker.sxsw.com/ideas/view/7350

UX Feedback Through Social Media
Organizer:
Jessica Petersen
Experience Designer with Adobe

Description:

19 Aug 2010 - 10:13am
4 years ago
2 replies
Erica Osher

When to Ask Them to Authenticate

Hey everyone!

Would love to hear your thoughts on what is the best time to ask someone to log in/sign up.  Do you think it is before they perform the action (for which signing up is required), after they perform the action or as part of the action itself? 

We have tried all three on our site and haven't noticed a real difference in our metrics.

19 Aug 2010 - 9:27am
4 years ago
6 replies
dantemurphy

By Any Other Name...

New blog post:

Could this finally end the debate about whether we are designers?

http://oxbyd.wordpress.com/2010/08/19/by-any-other-name/

19 Aug 2010 - 7:55am
+1
Mike Dunn

SXSW Panel Picker: Comics and UX- Creating Narratives for Better Understanding

Hey all, I've got a panel up on the panel picker for SXSW 2011: bit.ly/cRKMyv 

19 Aug 2010 - 1:08am
+1
pabini
18 Aug 2010 - 9:53pm
Terms:
Maurice

18 Aug 2010 - 9:26pm
4 years ago
7 replies
Wenbo Wang

Decrypt a forever neutral rating from a usability test

Hi Folks,

Today during my usability testing session, I encountered a user with "forever indifferent" results. I feel it may be interesting to share it with you guys.

18 Aug 2010 - 8:47pm
4 years ago
7 replies
Terms:
Maurice