3 Aug 2010 - 9:45pm
+1
4 years ago
1 reply
Allison Corbett

RE: [IxDA] Discount testing techniques and ressources

Hi!

Longterm lurker, first time replier...

I'm currently reading Steve Krug's Rocket Surgery Made Easy and really enjoying it. It's pretty much entirely focused on discount usability methods. It's a quick read, high-level enough that you could give it to management. I'm a UX designer in an Agile environment, and I'm finding it inspiring for techniques that are actually implementable in our very rapid-fire environment.

3 Aug 2010 - 6:44pm
4 years ago
3 replies
manishpi
3 Aug 2010 - 11:16am
4 years ago
1 reply
mrbluj

Junior Interaction Design MeetUp

I am a junior interface designer living here in Dallas Texas. I just recently lost my job in telemarketing for social media, in which I really didn't like, I tried reasoning with my company about interaction design but they wouldn't hear me out. I would like to start an organization that mirrors the values of ixDA's principles, yet targets the younger demographic. I would like to educate high school students about interaction design creating youth clubs and fostering an interest early. I'm hoping to get collegiate students interested as well to gain more colleagues in the industry.

3 Aug 2010 - 11:07am
4 years ago
1 reply
Alex Hogan

RE: [IxDA] Wireframes and prototypes: a waste of time?

What is the level of experience that the programmer has?  I ask because it sounds to me like a statement that would come from a programmer that has enough experience to not be considered entry level but not enough to be considered senior.  They are extremely comfortable in their understanding of what they do but don't have the knowledge or experience to understand the "bigger picture" and how the process

3 Aug 2010 - 9:18am
3 years ago
27 replies
Nancy Roberts

Wireframes and prototypes: a waste of time?

I had a disheartening discussion with a programmer at our office yesterday. He felt that we should not "waste our time" with prototypes, or even wireframes! He said that our creative director found the wireframes limiting, and ended up giving back to us exactly the layout that was provided in the wireframes. I explained that the process of wireframing and prototyping helps work out the flow of content, the page requirements, online interactions,  and serves as a guide for design. And I said that many designers I'd worked with had been able to interpret the wireframes just fine.

3 Aug 2010 - 9:02am
Nicola

Fwd: Event notification for Nicola from IxDA

Hi,
today I got 5 e-mails like the one below. I know you're working on it, just wanted to know if it's to possible to stop receiving them in the meantime.
Thank you.

Nicola

3 Aug 2010 - 8:41am
mccoym

[IXDA] Cheaper Alternative to Morae for Lab testing? Any experience with Usability-Studio?

Looking to do some facilitated lab testign on a budget. Can anyone recommend an alternative to Morae?

Thanks.

mccoym

[IXDA] Anyone taken Macadamian's "Certified User Interaction (CUID) Designer"

Hi All,

Looking for recommendations on training/certification for Interaction Design. There doesnt seem to be much out there. Has anyone taken Macadamian's "Certified User Interaction (CUID) Designer" , or have any other suggestions?

Thanks

3 Aug 2010 - 8:19am
4 years ago
8 replies
Terms:
Maurice